That one album,,,,

tkitna

Reaction score
What is the one album that seems to be recognized by the masses that you cant stand? I was reading some threads and posting and I saw mention of one that I cant stand or don't understand a few different times. So my choice would be-

Neutral Milk Hotels - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

nuetral-milk-hotel-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea-cover.jpg

I have to be missing something with this album because people seem to rave about it on every forum I visit. I love obscure, weird, indie stuff, but this does nothing for me. I remember being so excited for my copy to come in the mail so I could listen to it. What a let down. I forced myself to listen to that record for at least 30 times thinking it would sink in, but it never did. I hate the vocals and I think all the songs are boring. I really cant find any redeeming qualities at all with it. This is just one that missed the target.

Tell me about yours and remember, music is all just opinions. No need for debating, just your tastes in music.

Philmore

Reaction score
Pink Floyd - The Wall

220px-PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg

My expectations were really high for this since I loved all their previous albums. I'm always up for a sprawling 2 record set concept album but I just couldn't get into it. It just didn't sound like Floyd to me .
35 years later it still doesn't move me although there are a couple of good tracks on there, but it's not an album I listen to front to back.

To me this was the second big disappointment of 1979, the first being Zep's In Through The Out Door.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Yeah I hear a lot about that Neutral Milk Hotel or whatever but I haven't checked it out yet.

My choice would be either of these:

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless:

my-bloody-valentine-loveless-400x400.jpg

Sure, it sounds all dreamy and stuff on certain tracks but overall I don't get the hype. It sounds like a wall of noise to me and nothing much else. Admittedly though, I never gave it a second chance after that first listen.

Yes' Close To The Edge:

CTTE-800-300x300.jpg

Again, I don't get it. I'm not a huge fan of insane-sounding songs like Siberian Khatru! :gig Actually, whatever I've heard of Yes as a whole, save for Owner of a Lonely Heart, I have not really liked.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed on The Wall, one of the albums of Floyd I simply can't handle all that much.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
That ONE album!? Heh, I could list off several dozen that fit this topic.

Here's a few that are the first to come to mind for me:

1) Nirvana - Nevermind

NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg

Overrated band, overrated album. If I never heard another song on this album for the rest of my life, it'd be too soon. Musically, a very weak album... lyrically, well, better lyrics could have been written by a 1st-grader.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks...

Never_Mind_the_Bollocks.jpg

Trash, from start to finish. Some have called this the epitome of punk, I'd classify it as the epitome of crap. If this album was on fire, I wouldn't piss on it to put it out. Absolute garbage. Not one redeeming minute on the entire album. As noted by my first post, Nirvana is a band and Nevermind is always the first album that comes to mind on this sort of topic, but Nirvana was possibly the most talented band of all time compared to the Sex Pistols. Easily recognizable both in the poor album artwork as well as the poor performances found within.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
The Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks...

Never_Mind_the_Bollocks.jpg

Easily recognizable both in the poor album artwork as well as the poor performances found within.

The album cover is very bad. It looks like it was just slapped together without any thought. I've seen kids draw better than that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online