Ten Years After (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Alvin Lee’s Last Performance to Be Released on CD

:grinthumb

Alvin-Lee.jpg

Source Link

Alvin Lee‘s untimely death on March 6 brought a premature end to a brilliant career. But fans will be treated to one last parting shot from the Ten Years After frontman when a posthumous live CD, fittingly titled ‘The Last Show,’ arrives on Oct. 1.

Recorded at Lee’s final live performance — in Raalte, Holland, on May 28, 2012 — ‘The Last Show’ presents a 14-song concert that wasn’t originally intended to be released, but Lee was reportedly so pleased with the way things went that he was planning to put it out when he passed away. The label promises “a beautifully packaged audio scrapbook documenting the culmination of a legend’s career” featuring “plenty of photos of the show along with personal notes from his wife, band and fans, all of whom were at the show.”

“Possibly my favorite memory of Alvin in recent years: to see him walking offstage in Raalte with his red Gibson slung to the side and a big grin on his face,” recalled Lee’s widow Evi in a press release about the album. “Not usually one to be easily satisfied with his live performances, he was exhilarated and proud of having given the crowd his best on that evening. He would have been very happy with this unadulterated authentic release of the show.”

Alvin Lee ‘The Last Show’ Track Listing
‘Hear Me Calling’
‘I Can’t Keep From Crying Sometimes’
‘How Do You Do It’
‘My Baby Left Me’
‘Country Thing’
‘I Don’t Give A Damn’
‘I’m Writing You A Letter’
‘Slow Blues in ‘C”
‘I’m Gonna Make It’
‘Scat Encounter’
‘I Woke Up This Morning’
‘Love Like A Man’
‘Going Home’
‘Rip It Up’

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Mr. Lee and company definitely nailed all the precepts of serious R&B WITHOUT being uninspiringly derivative.Lee's tumultuously searing performance of "I'm Going Home" at Woodstock still always sends shivers of rock and roll spirit and purity up and down my classic rock spine.THIS is what the genre is TRULY all about.I thought I read somewhere that the gifted picker did some studio work with George Harrison at one point in his at least semi-legendary career.Does anyone have any info on this?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Mr. Lee and company definitely nailed all the precepts of serious R&B WITHOUT being uninspiringly derivative.Lee's tumultuously searing performance of "I'm Going Home" at Woodstock still always sends shivers of rock and roll spirit and purity up and down my classic rock spine.THIS is what the genre is TRULY all about.I thought I read somewhere that the gifted picker did some studio work with George Harrison at one point in his at least semi-legendary career.Does anyone have any info on this?

Has to be one of the best performances, if not the best performance from Woodstock :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the gifted picker did some studio work with George Harrison at one point in his at least semi-legendary career.Does anyone have any info on this?

I have "On the Road to Freedom" Alvin Lee & Mylon LeFevre and George Harrison appears on this album as Hari Georgeson. "So Sad" is one of his.

So Sad

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ten years after split in half

ultimateclassicrock.com

After more than 50 years, bassist Leo Lyons has quit Ten Years After. Leaving with Lyons is Joe Gooch, who replaced founding guitarist and frontman Alvin Lee in 2003. Lee passed away on March 6, 2013.

This leaves the band with only two original members, drummer Ric Lee and keyboardist Chick Churchill. Lee broke the news on the band’s website on Dec. 31.

As you may already know, Joe and Leo have left Ten Years After to pursue other musical activities. Chick and I will continue as Ten Years After with two new members whose names will be announced in the near future.

We’d like to thank all of you for your commitment and support over the years and hope that you’ll encourage the new Ten Years After line-up with the same enthusiasm in the future.

This was an amicable arrangement and all the musicians wished each other well in their chosen ventures.

The original foursome of Ten Years After began in the mid ’60s. Their extended blues jams made them stars on the burgeoning underground circuit, and their performance at Woodstock in 1969 turned them into international superstars. Two years later, they had a Top 40 hit with the counterculture anthem ‘I’d Love to Change the World.’

rtbuck

Reaction score
After reading Magic's post about Leo Lyons & Joe Gooch leaving 10 Years After I read on the net that they have another band called Hundred Seventy Split & have already released one album & a second on its way. They are a blues based hard rock trio.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Ten Years After was never the same without Alvin Lee, even though he suffered from the same 'god complex' that Ritchie Blackmore did.

I didn't realize the other members carried on without him, then again I only have 2 or 3 of their records.

Moore_82

Reaction score
Alvin Lee's remained a favorite for years and love their rendition of the 'Sonny Boy' Williamson classic "Good Morning Little School Girl" off the Ssssh release.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online