Ten Years After (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I've really started to get into Ten Years After here of late. Came across Undead on vinyl about to weeks ago . Really got into it ....plays perfect and that in turn got me to get out the rest of my Ten Years After vinyl. Liked them even more then i did before...this band although never a unknow entity to me was pretty new to me In the sense that I had not listened to them much
That now has been corrected however and I now own : On Vinyl - Crinklewood Green, Rock and Roll to the World, Postive Vibrations, and Undead. On CD - Stonedhedge, Ssssh, A Space in Time, and Watt. Count me in as a true fan. I want get the S/T and Recorded Live next.
Great band :cheers2 @Sox ....really nice job here.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks Vader, I was lucky enough to see Alvin a couple of times and he was brilliant. Just wish I could have seen him with Chick, Leo and Ric.:bow:

Vader

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that would be special for certain. I have heard some of Alvins solo stuff and IMO It did not compare favorably to the Ten Years After material.

Vader

Reaction score
I enjoyed his shows but I guess it's hard to capture the early energy of that band ?

Seems to me It was more of a 80s thing. So many of the hard rocking bands of the 70s sought mainstream air play during that time period.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
The first time I saw him was in a small community centre and he was backed by a great band ,, 9 Below Zero ,, Rory Gallagher's old bass mate Gerry McAvoy was in the band. They really stomped the place.

Vader

Reaction score
The first time I saw him was in a small community centre and he was backed by a great band ,, 9 Below Zero ,, Rory Gallagher's old bass mate Gerry McAvoy was in the band. They really stomped the place.

I've never heard of 9 Below Zero but Rory Gallagher was awesome. I have little doubt that Alvins live shows were much more energetic then the few solo efforts i've heard.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.