Tell us about your stereo!

taha

Reaction score
damn, thats one powerful boombox to run those big azz speakers

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my old but solid as a rock turntable. Bought this in 1978, and the tonearm as well and I have never had a problem with either of them. It's a Kenwood KD 500 direct drive TT, and a SME Series III tonearm. I am using a Shure Type IV cartridge right now it is brand new and should last the rest of my listening career.

KenwoodTurntable1.jpg

KenwoodTurntable2.jpg

SMETonearmandShureCartridge.jpg

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with the Kenwood 'table. My brother had one for a short while with an Infinity Black Widow arm (like my old one). That was one heavy turntable, from back in the days when they thought mass was the answer to every possible resonance problem. And you're the first person I've known with an SME arm. They were always considered the standard, but for some reason I'd never run across one myself.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It has served me well over the years, and you are right it is basically a solid rock and does weigh a lot.

I love the old SME tonearm, it will balance a cartridge weighing zero grams,,,plus it has the fluid damper and the pulley with the 1 gram anti-skating weight. I installed it myself and have to say it exceeded my expectations. I even found a vial of the fluid to refill the reservoir on e-bay last year,,,so it is as good as new.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:bump:...time to dust this one off.

I want someone else to go next before I Spam the thread with the rest of my stuff.:D

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these Marantz SA8003 Stereo SACD players and shipping it off to Matt Anker for further enhancement:

SA8003-Dead_On_with_top-w1200.jpg

Hopefully that would bring the sound quality of my CDs closer to the sound quality of my LPs.

:pumpkin:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is a nice Player Hep. I know a guy in Denver or a suburb there that does upgrades to old amplifiers, he loves restoring them to their glory and finds the newest stuff made in China, lacking. I am eventually going to get my hands on an old Yamaha CA-1010 and send it to him for upgrades...I simply loved that old amplifier and should never have sold it.

YamahaCA-10101.jpg

Last edited:

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even see this page...I'll try no to gush too much! :D

OK so a 750 W Sony Hall system. Old school I know...Not 3.1 or 5.1 but it can have 4 speakers (tower's preferably for bass balance) at a time. I have 2 Medium speakers(about a 6 in sub with standard mids and tweeters) running at 8 Oms and plugged into opposite channels (the old A and B speaker system) which works pretty well for me. Its plugged directly into 1 computer that is old (P3 with 256 RAM) and used simply as a Jukebox to play music. It has 3 hard drives totaling 350 gigs so I just make playlists and keep nothing else on it besides an operating system and no CD's for me....:D

I also have 2 turntables(Stanton and Pioneer), Preamp and another Sony Tuner with no Speakers, but nice headphones, attached to it for recording media. I use both the Tuner and Preamp to help digitize as well as clean sounds as much as possible. My roommate who just moved in brought with him 2 crates of records, another computer and a pair of Technic MK4s. High quality quartz movement turntables!!!!(pictured on the left of the bright picture)

I also personally own 14 crates of records, a milk crate of CD's, a drawer full of Tapes and about 7 reel to reels and 78 days of digital music...Which has nothing to do with stereo's... I got carried away....Apologies:bonk:....

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Hepcat demands pictures Alocer,,,if you don't have a camera that's fine let me know and I'll look around and see if I can find photos of your equipment.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online