Tell us about your stereo!

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
y'all can laugh at me, but this is what I use as of lately:

philips-gogear-sa5145-p_126819vb.png

My Fisher system has a flaw, bubble gum in the turntable. I have a Studio Standard integrated system purchased in 1982. It will play cassettes and has a Killer FM tuner, but I cant play CD's.

People can laugh all they want at MP3 players, but they're way, way better than they used to be, even with MP3s, which most aren't limited to anymore these days anyway. Granted, they're never going to match a real audio system, but I've been among those who championed the potential of the iPod from the beginning, and I think most other brands are comparable in audio quality. And a lot of it depends too on the quality of the ear pieces you choose to use, whether they're buds, IEMs or actual headphones, and in some cases, whether you use an outboard amplifier for them.

HeadRoom has tons of info about those sorts of things. I love these guys.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yea, the last MP3 player I bought supports alot of different file types besides mp3, like wav, ogg, and flac. The only drawback to using those better quality files is they use up your gigabytes, so if you get one, get one with like 24 gigs or more :D

Here is a good site to compare and get reviews of MP3 players.

And Craig, thanks for the link! very informative site. I now know I need better headphones.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's part of my collection, the Big system, the speaker part of it anyway.

Here's the other part of the system.

Reaction score
Does the brand of beer change the sound in any way?

yes, I can even answer that, light beers make it more trebly, not as centered, but miller light gives the mids more of a boost than coors light, you put sam adams on you get a very original sound, much more full, it sounds jumpy in a way, its got three times as many hops, also if you put coors new vented top cans on it creates a very fluid, dreamlike sound, no bubbles, keeps the sound smooth:cheers:

Flower

retired
Reaction score
yes, I can even answer that, light beers make it more trebly, not as centered, but miller light gives the mids more of a boost than coors light, you put sam adams on you get a very original sound, much more full, it sounds jumpy in a way, its got three times as many hops, also if you put coors new vented top cans on it creates a very fluid, dreamlike sound, no bubbles, keeps the sound smooth:cheers:

Hey, you're too young to drink .. Shame on you.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Lord Grendel:

Oh my! Very impressive.

:grinthumb

Could you identify the component parts though since the writing on them is too small to read?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Does the brand of beer change the sound in any way?

:D...no but the Amount of beer I drink does have a great deal to do with the kind of music I play and the volume...:cheers:

Seriously, I put the cans there for two reasons Shadow,,,for scale and for anyone who stops by to know they are welcome to have a seat play some tunes and have a cold one.:grinthumb

Hepcat I'll post the components later, and maybe some pictures as I go through the list. I have two other systems one upstairs with the big screen TV and another 7.1 Surround in the den with the HD TV rig, but this is the one I use for most of my critical listening.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online