T-Rex - The Slider (Rate this album)

How would you rate The Slider on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4: Poor

• 3: Very poor

• 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

• Total voters

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: The Slider

I think T Rex was good but being honest with my opinion I think his albums were all mediocre with a few really great songs on each that brings the ratings up to good. He had the songs,the look, & the style which should've led to superstardom in the US but I really believe overall his albums were not strong enough.

I agree with this. I think a lot of T. Rex albums had something to offer, some really good songs, but their albums were never really excellent, except the ''Electric Warrior'' album.

I rated the album a 6 - good album.

Spankymadoo

Reaction score

I can remember my friend (Spanky Madoo who stops by occasionally) had the Slider on 8 Track (either his sister gave it to him or it came with his stereo) but after seeing these flashy cool photos of Marc with his electric guitar in magazines I was psyched for this. I was into the hard rock stuff like Kiss & Aerosmith at the time so I was really expecting some guitar driven hard rock & roll. He told me it was strange & that it was (Knowing him he probably threw it out!).

It was my sister's 8 Track and I only listened to it once. Did not like it at all. I honestly do not know what happened to that tape, but it is possible that I did throw it out.:D

rtbuck

Reaction score

It was my sister's 8 Track and I only listened to it once. Did not like it at all. I honestly do not know what happened to that tape, but it is possible that I did throw it out.:D

Boy, do I have a good memory or what???!!!:heheh: I remember that day & thinking the same thing as you. Knowing you...I think you'd still hate it so stay away from it!:heheh:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I'd call it excellent.

Well worth the ten dollars I spent on the LP. It has its strengths like any other album, but it's something different. I like things that are "different".

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Was never impressed with Bang a Gong ( the only T-Rex song I have head ) and so never investigated T-Rex's music. Am I missing out or is Bang A Gong a pretty good representation of their musical output ?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Was never impressed with Bang a Gong ( the only T-Rex song I have head ) and so never investigated T-Rex's music. Am I missing out or is Bang A Gong a pretty good representation of their musical output ?

Personally I think T. Rex has plenty of song that are better than "Bang A Gong (Get It On)" and it wouldn't hurt to look into them a little more. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I do like Electric Warrior but never really got into T-Rex that much, Slider is a good record so I gave it a 6.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online