T-Rex - The Slider (Rate this album)

How would you rate The Slider on a scale of 10?

• 10: Classic

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 9: Superb

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 8: Excellent

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4: Poor

• 3: Very poor

• 2: Bad

• 1: Awful

• Total voters

joe

Reaction score
Released after Electric Warrior. How would you rate this album?

51IVmiJ5JvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Slider

I wouldn't call it flawless but it most certainly is a superb album. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score

I was borderline between Average & Good but gave in to Good. I think T Rex was good but being honest with my opinion I think his albums were all mediocre with a few really great songs on each that brings the ratings up to good. He had the songs,the look, & the style which should've led to superstardom in the US but I really believe overall his albums were not strong enough. I know I'll get hammered on about this but it's just the way I feel. I do like his stuff & I could throw on any album of his & enjoy it(especially The Slider) but it really took a while for his stuff to grow on me. I can remember my friend (Spanky Madoo who stops by occasionally) had the Slider on 8 Track (either his sister gave it to him or it came with his stereo) but after seeing these flashy cool photos of Marc with his electric guitar in magazines I was psyched for this. I was into the hard rock stuff like Kiss & Aerosmith at the time so I was really expecting some guitar driven hard rock & roll. He told me it was strange & that it was (Knowing him he probably threw it out!). Decades later I seemed to have gotten more open to music & I bought the CD of it & now I do enjoy it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I give it a Great *7*

Edit: I just noticed that someone rated this album awful. I believe that is the first time I have seen that on a poll!

joe

Reaction score

I was borderline between Average & Good but gave in to Good. I think T Rex was good but being honest with my opinion I think his albums were all mediocre with a few really great songs on each that brings the ratings up to good. He had the songs,the look, & the style which should've led to superstardom in the US but I really believe overall his albums were not strong enough. I know I'll get hammered on about this but it's just the way I feel. I do like his stuff & I could throw on any album of his & enjoy it

I agree with your observations and opinions as well rt. I have four albums; T. Rex, Electric Warrior, The Slider, and Tanx. I don't listen to them all that much myself and happenend to pull out The Slider the other day and gave 'er a listen and that's why I posted it for this poll.

Like you, I did enjoy the album, with a few tracks that did standout, however Electric Warrior does capture me some what better.

Somewhat of an aquired taste for me. Almost a glossy pop/rock sound and his lyrics are, in a sence, quirky.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I agree with your observations and opinions as well rt. I have four albums; T. Rex, Electric Warrior, The Slider, and Tanx. I don't listen to them all that much myself and happenend to pull out The Slider the other day and gave 'er a listen and that's why I posted it for this poll.

Like you, I did enjoy the album, with a few tracks that did standout, however Electric Warrior does capture me some what better.

Somewhat of an aquired taste for me. Almost a glossy pop/rock sound and his lyrics are, in a sence, quirky.

:cheers2 & I agree on preferring Electric Warrior
...Now if we can agree on Ken Dryden:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.