Symphonic Rock Albums?

TBro

Reaction score
Hi All

I am trying to obtain INSTRUMENTAL only symphonic rock in the same vain as Jod Lord's Sarabande and Concerto for Group & Orchestra (without any vocals).

That is, instrumental rock and or jazz fusion with a full orchestra. I know this sort of arrangement exists as I have heard it on radio and by chance in a Video store (many years ago).

Would be great if John McLaughlin with band teamed up with a full orchestra.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

E-Z

Reaction score
I am tempted to say don't waste your time listening to Symphonic rock cos it's all portentous bulls**t!!.

Still i admire your liking Symphonic rock cos it's one genre of rock music that i could never get my ears around.

Uli Jon Roth was great when he was knocking out blues/rock albums like Earthquake & Firewind but then he lost his mind and took off into outter space (within his own mind) and started playing with orchestras much to the disgust of someone like me!!. :wank:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Yeah I love instrumental rock and with an orchestra is cool too. :****:
I saw Spiritualized and Bjork with an orchestra recently, but that is singing. :)
Since there isn't a lot I tend to cheat and play electronic (Tomita?)
Here is one
The Enid!

There are a few Italian ones too?

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Silly me
How about PFM I'll though they could sing a little?

E-Z

Reaction score
THE ENID!!. :wank:

I actually wrote to this band back in 1981 and got a reply!!. :wtf:

I bought the TOUCH ME album (i think it was called that?) but to be honest i kinda liked the look of those bunch of hippies rather then there music!!. :tongue:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
:rolleyes: yeah dude we get it. Go back to the metal threads don't worry you won't catch me in there :wank:
Just trying to help the guy out.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am tempted to say don't waste your time listening to Symphonic rock cos it's all portentous bulls**t!!.

Still i admire your liking Symphonic rock cos it's one genre of rock music that i could never get my ears around.

Uli Jon Roth was great when he was knocking out blues/rock albums like Earthquake & Firewind but then he lost his mind and took off into outter space (within his own mind) and started playing with orchestras much to the disgust of someone like me!!. :wank:

If it is a genre you can't get into isn't it pointless to post that in a thread for someone clearly wanting some symphonic rock? :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.