1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sublime (Official Thread)

Discussion in '90's Music' started by gregjohnson1229, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Berserker

Berserker Senior Member

I think he's terrible, his solo work is garbage.

Kui likes this.
  2. Redneck

Redneck punk

my favorite is the "Bad Fish"...when I heard it first time confused with Bob Marley lol. then went home and tried to find that song among his...so stupid

3. The Floyd

The Floyd Hey You

Sublime is one of my favorites.

My favorite song is probably either Date Rape or Doin' Time.

4. calzoned

calzoned Junior Member

Sublime is one of those bands I'll always have a soft spot for. I was only 8 when Brad died, but I think his passing further vaulted their music into the mainstream.

Aside from the studio albums, I have to highly recommend Stand By Your Van & Second Hand Smoke

Second Hand Smoke contains probably my favorite Sublime song - New Realization. This one is a little lesser known as it never appeared on their studio releases. Something about it though I think really captures the band as a whole. It was also recorded in 87, so even then you could tell they were going to be something special.

Sublime - New Realization

5. Kui

Kui Hey look, it's Freiza!

I have all their albums and bootlegs in flac.

My favorite band ever.

Favorite album is probably fox theater bootleg or possibly Sensimilla 86-96. That one has Just-ICE (going way back here, he was a rapper with krs-one who was down with sublime, probably died in the gutter).

Here's my collection:

[​IMG]

I was 12 when Brad died, it had a big effect on me, their music still does. Sounded much better live.

I loved their covers of bob marley and peter tosh and barrington levy and ziggens and fallen idols and vandals and all the baddass shit they played. True G's with class and style too good for this world. IMO.

6. LordJohn

LordJohn Member

I love Robbin' the Hood. It's so weird. All the lo-fi acoustic tracks are beautiful and all the weird interludes, especially the spoken word tracks with that random psycho, really make the album. You have to be a truly strange/special person to put together an album like that, it's the same reaction I have to Syd era Pink Floyd and Brian Wilson's songs for SMiLE. They might be my third or fourth favorite punk band of all time (behind Ramones, Minor Threat, and maybe The Clash) and definitely the best to emerge in the past 30 years and the best of the 90's punk boom by far.

Santeria is an excellent song too. Definitely the best of their singles.

Kui likes this.