STRAY-Time Machine: A Discography.

joe

Reaction score
DKW: I'm doing an entire discography of the band. Might be going over the top. Have listen from time to time and let me know what you think.:grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Definitely, I'm interested in hearing some of the stuff that I haven't had a chance to listen as of yet. Glad to hear that you will be covering their discography.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Top band and Del is still gigging infact they are playing at a pub in Northampton in November.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
^^^Sox. The band is now a power trio and still going hard at it. They'll be touring doing small gigs in support of thier new album Valhalla.

Are you going to thier gig?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Well it's a pub about an hour or so away, so I will probably see if Sweaty fancies a ride down. It's a Sunday afternoon gig so steady like. Yeah should be good If I can.

joe

Reaction score
I'm envious. Maybe I'll p/u a plane ticket and fly over and all three of us hit the pub and get :cheers2shit faced

mystic fred

Reaction score
I used to see Stray when they visited my local pub The Oldfield Tavern around 1970 / 71 (this was the place where Keith Moon met the Who, pub now a block of flats...) - i remember those exploding dustbins, a great night had by all. I bought their first album the next day, they reached their peak IMHO with the Saturday Morning Pictures album, still have their first three including Suicide.

Saw Del Bromham with Stray at another local pub recently (now closed), he is a master of acoustic guitar and did a very fine set, also played a few old chestnuts with the band.

joe

Reaction score
I'd love to see those shows back in'70/'71. I agree with you that Saturday Morning Pictures was thier peak. I think Stray made it over here in N.A. only once in 1974 from what I can gather.

Stray just recently did a tour with the Groundhogs over there in the UK. Man, that would be barn burner:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Following thier most successful album to date, Saturday Morning Pictures, Mudanzas from 1973 was a change in direction for the band(Mudanzas means 'change' in Spanish) to elements of brass and strings arranged by a new producer.

In some ways this approach does work for the band though this concept had baffled thier die hard fans as well as me. Other rock bands have taken this same direction with usually disappointing results. Ironically this was Stray's first gold Lp.

At this time Stray took on new management with Charles Kray, brother of the gangsters twins, Ronnie and Reggie. The band's previous manager Wilf Pine who had been in Don Arden's(Sharon Osbourne's dad) stable of management had come down on hard times. Stray was another band of the '70's that suffered from bad management that hinder the band's success.

Once again the band toured extensively giggin' at small venues.

These are the best tracks on the album IMO:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online