STRAY-Time Machine: A Discography.

joe

Reaction score
Again not breaking it to the big time, 1975's Move It returned to more familiar sound of thier first three releases. Actually the boys got over to the US for the first time to record this album.

The album contained some great hard riff rockin' tracks though also some folk inspirid songs as well as a couple of 'syrupy' ballads. There was tension arrising in the band as vocalist Steve Gadd and guitarist Del Bromham were going in different musical directions which was evident with this unbalanced release.

Transatlantic records dropped the band after the release of Move It and Dawn records, a progressive label under Pye records signed the band.

At this point in thier career Stray was becoming frustrated and bewildered the way things were going. Once again the band headed out on the road.

videos courtesy of Bullprog productions: A joe's entertainment company 2010:D

joe

Reaction score
After splitting ways, Transatlantic records released a compilation containing Stray's best known songs plus two previous unreleased tracks as well a B-side.
All three, excellent songs.

"Get Out Right Away" is a boogie stomping rockin' number as "Georgia" show cases Del Bromham's slick slide guitar. Both tracks should of been contained the abum 'Move It'. "Mama's Coming Home", a B-side from "Our Song" off Saturday Morning Pictures is a flashy, up tempo rocker.

(I'm going to finish this, come hell or high-water:D)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You are doing a bang up job on Stray Joe...I have added 4 albums to the collection because of your thread.:hab:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I was hoping that this release had a whole lot of "stray" tracks but just the three. Nice tracks though.

I have to say that I am still sticking by the first three releases so far
but still listening ,will be checking out what the next one sounds like :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
No question about it DKW, there first three were the best. Not much info on the band as I've researched extensively. Maybe just as well as it would be more work.:D

joe

Reaction score
Stand Up and Be Counted(1975) was Stray's first recording for thier new label Dawn records. The band turned it down for this release and is an eclectic mix of songs with acoustic textures heard throughout the album.

The band had brought in Pete Dyer as a second guitarist so Steve Gadd could focus on his vocals. However this didn't work and Gadd left the band during the recording. Del Bromham and Pete Dyer shared vocal duties.

This was suppossed to be Bromham's solo project but slated it for the band as he tried to keep the group intact. Obviously that didn't work and this album didn't work for the "hard and heavy" fans of Stray.

Note: Stray toured with Rush in the UK, Black Sabbath and Kiss in the US somewhere in the mid/late 70's. I couldn't find the exact dates. Del Bromham and Ozzy had almost been busted for cocaine when thier limo was pulled over.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice thread, Joe. I have 2 Stray albums, the debut and the October 2010 release. I wont spoil your thread by jumping the gun on the last release, but I sure like it :)

I need to take the time and obtain the rest of the discography. UMG bought out the discography, so it wont surprise me if they remove some of the youtube vids, which UMG is so good at doing :uh:

joe

Reaction score
^^^Thanx Magic.

What does UMG stand for? Do doubt a record label. If they were smart they would leave the youtube videos alone as this gives the band exposure. If they do, they got trouble coming thier way.:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
UMG= Universal Music Group, they have a dedicated team of Spammers who pose as good members visiting sites all over the internet, and they also keep a close eye on anything belonging to one of their stable of artists, old or new.

We used to know a few by name in our old forum, but here so far they have not bothered us at all...which is nice.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.