Strawberry Alarm Clock (Official Thread)

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Re: Strawberry Alarm Clock

Strawberry Alarm Clock is too often dismissed as a one hit wonder band. Look beyond that classic song and there is a worthy catalog of songs. I've been a champion of SAC for a long time. A bit of psych, hard rock, pop, some tasty guitar and percussion, a sound all their own, and dripping with late 60's flavors.:grinthumb

They are featured performers in Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls flick (1970). That's a cult classic worth viewing.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Yeah, they're awesome. Their debut album is brilliant psychedelic gem :D

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Interesting to see a Strawberry Alarm Clock thread.

I went through a major SAC phase in high school. I've been meaning to collect some of their material on vinyl but have never really had the money to shell out; seems there's always a pretty penny of a price to follow.

I started like most people with "Incense and Peppermints" and liked what I heard; I downloaded the anthology from a file sharing network (which I haven't done in years - I hate file sharing networks) and found that there was so much more to this band that was equally fantastic.

A few long-standing favourites of mine:

Barefoot in Baltimore
Small Package
Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow
Tomorrow

It's really mellow, (and because of its time period it hasn't really stood the test of time, though it has a nice sound for those of us who actually genuinely dig the California sound of the late 60s) and trippy music. Fantastic. The lyrics don't always make sense and listening to a whole lot of Strawberry Alarm Clock can be a bit much to digest in one sitting, but they're truly unique.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online