Stevie Ray Vaughan Wins ‘Fan’s Ballot’ Vote for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I also thought Stevie Ray Vaughan was already in. I don't understand what Nine Inch Nails did to deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I can't see anyone who doesn't deserve the nomination but I'm glad to see Bill Withers and NIN on the list! :grinthumb

I don't think there are many bands who don't deserve it, but I think some are too young to say they really earned it. For me, it's the timing.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I don't think there are many bands who don't deserve it, but I think some are too young to say they really earned it. For me, it's the timing.

And that's a fair statement. :) That would make Bill eligible though and I think he's severely underrated! :D I think as I've always said before it always makes sense to have one or two marquee level artist a year along with some others sprinkled through the years that either had some influence or some name value during their time. In other words for it to be an enduring event you have to keep spreading things out year after year. :)

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
And that's a fair statement. :) That would make Bill eligible though and I think he's severely underrated! :D I think as I've always said before it always makes sense to have one or two marquee level artist a year along with some others sprinkled through the years that either had some influence or some name value during their time. In other words for it to be an enduring event you have to keep spreading things out year after year. :)

I think Bill Withers is eligible just for Ain't No Sunshine! :D Again, I'm surprised he was not already in the Hall Of Fame.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think Bill Withers is eligible just for Ain't No Sunshine! :D Again, I'm surprised he was not already in the Hall Of Fame.

Exactly! I simply think he's the most well rounded Soul artist ever with a great catalog of songs! Also one of the coolest live performers for the genre as well! :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online