Live At Montreux

Scuttle Buttin'
Say What!
Ain't Gone 'n' Give Up on Love
Pride and Joy
Mary Had a Little Lamb
Cold Shot (with Johnny Copeland)
Tin Pan Alley (with Johnny Copeland)
Look at Little Sister (with Johnny Copeland)
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Texas Flood
Life Without You
Gone Home
Couldn't Stand the Weather

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Johnny Copeland

JohnnyCopeland- Classic Blues Videos

E-Z

Reaction score
Re: Stevie Ray Vaughn (Official Thread)

I could never "get it on" with SRV there was something about this Texas dude that turned me off him??.

Possibly cos he reminds me to much of the 1980s when BLUES and BLUES/ROCK was well out of fashion (here in the UK at any rate) plus i never liked his 'guitar tone' it was way to smooth not like Rory Gallagher's and finally i thought Stevie was way to 'derivative' of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie's cover of Voodoo Child (slight return) was formulamatic and boring.

Having panned Stevie i do remember being quite shocked when i heard that he was killed back in 1989.

Strangely i actually preferred his brother Jimmy's guitar playing more.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Been on a Stevie Ray bender for a couple of days. Thought you folks might like this.

This is my favorite Scuttle Buttin' version. He plays the cut, but what sets this version apart is the fact that he's rockn' the Albert King pipe for the first part, which I alway thought was cool.

The real fun starts at about 1:20 or so. He puts the pipe down and then strays from the studio and starts gunslingin'.

At 1:35, he lays into his trademark Big Texas Wail. That cat could make it scream.

Frank Grimes

Runnin' down a dream
Reaction score
Right before he died he released an album with his brother Jimmy called Family Style. Good CD.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Been on a Stevie Ray bender for a couple of days. Thought you folks might like this.

This is my favorite Scuttle Buttin' version. He plays the cut, but what sets this version apart is the fact that he's rockn' the Albert King pipe for the first part, which I alway thought was cool.

The real fun starts at about 1:20 or so. He puts the pipe down and then strays from the studio and starts gunslingin'.

At 1:35, he lays into his trademark Big Texas Wail. That cat could make it scream.

yeah, that version is pretty righteous! :bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online