Stevie Ray Vaughan (Official Thread)

justme

Reaction score
Re: Stevie Ray Vaughn

I got to see SRV twice, first time was 11-3-1985 on the Soul to Soul tour in a 2500 seat hall, I was center stage 10 rows back. One of the high lights was when he sat at the edge of the stage and did the intro to "Tin Pan Alley"
After the show my friend and I were waiting in the crowd of about 30 people by the tour bus to get our stuff signed, he never came out.
Then the bus door opens and the driver asked if anyone had jumper cables and I quickly said yes, he then asked me to help him jump start the bus generator. In return he takes me on the bus and I got to meet Stevie and sit down with him as he signed my shirt and mine & my friends ticket stubs and he shook my hand as he thanked me for helping out.
A couple yrs. later on 11-7-1987 seen him again on the Live Alive tour, what another good show. It's a moments in my life that I will never forget.
:rip:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I got to see SRV twice, first time was 11-3-1985 on the Soul to Soul tour in a 2500 seat hall, I was center stage 10 rows back. One of the high lights was when he sat at the edge of the stage and did the intro to "Tin Pan Alley"
Oh man, that would have been SO cool. That song has so much feeling, I love it from the first note to the last. To have seen him play that in concert would have been a real treat!

After the show my friend and I were waiting in the crowd of about 30 people by the tour bus to get our stuff signed, he never came out.
Then the bus door opens and the driver asked if anyone had jumper cables and I quickly said yes, he then asked me to help him jump start the bus generator. In return he takes me on the bus and I got to meet Stevie and sit down with him as he signed my shirt and mine & my friends ticket stubs and he shook my hand as he thanked me for helping out.
That's an awesome story! must have been pretty damn cool to meet him under such unusual circumstances. Thanks for sharing that! :cheers2

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Oh yeah, SRV could beat the shit out of Jimmie... however I never heard Stevie say that, numerous times I saw him say in interviews that Jimmie was one of the best guitarists he'd ever heard.

He was a good brother.

I guess you would have to see them together when off stage to know what I mean. I never said he was a "bad" brother, but he certianly didn't give props to Stevie the way Stevie gave props to him.

justme

Reaction score

KISSFREAK,I was 20 at the time and over the past 26yrs the "Soul to Soul" t-shirt and stub didn't survive,,, as well as alot of other stuff.. hell I'm lucky to have made it this far. Had no idea what I was holding at the time, I'm still kicking myself in the ass.:bonk:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

In memory of Stevie Ray Vaughan who was killed on August 27, 1990 when the helicopter he was flying in hit a ski slope while trying to navigate through dense fog. Vaughn had played a show at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, Wisconsin with Robert Cray and Eric Clapton.

October 3, 1954 / August 27, 1990

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Wow, doesn't seem like it was over 20 years ago...

Rest In Peace Stevie. You were one of a kind!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Today is Stevie's birthday. He would have been 57 years old. Miss you Stevie!

Life Without You

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jester143

Members online

No members online now.