Songs You Like, But Parts That Bug You

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I hate that the fade out part is on the track of Squealer. It goes onto the track Squealer and its like the previous song wasn't done yet.

I'll have to check that out Riff.. I know fading a song out is most likely done on studio recordings. For what ever reason. I used that technique when I was recording and wanted to end the song earlier or cut off a way too long ending..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll have to check that out Riff.. I know fading a song out is most likely done on studio recordings. For what ever reason. I used that technique when I was recording and wanted to end the song earlier or cut off a way too long ending..

Should check it out. When Problem Child ends on the media player and the next song scrolls over to Squealer you hear them re finish Problem Child and then it fades off to Squealer. lol
I don't get that really, maybe it was a mistake on the recordings being a 1970s album. lol

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Should check it out. When Problem Child ends on the media player and the next song scrolls over to Squealer you hear them re finish Problem Child and then it fades off to Squealer. lol
I don't get that really, maybe it was a mistake on the recordings being a 1970s album. lol

OK.. THAT's the part I like and thats what I was talking about because it's the same chords as problem child.. I've heard other songs pull off that same thing Like Geezar and Ward doing what sounds like a little live jam at the end of... A song off Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.. I'll have to find it..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol I am the opposite, I hate the fade out but I like the part of the song you dislike. :heheh:
I do get why it puts you and others off though.

Slayer South Of Heaven song ends with an annoying wail at the end. That annoys the hell out of me.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The most obvious for me the middle section of Whole Lotta Love.
Song was good but not that middle bit.

That's the first song that came to mind for me too. It's just a lot of jungle noises and clanging and moaning. Oh whoopie. :wank:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
The most obvious for me the middle section of Whole Lotta Love.
Song was good but not that middle bit.
Yep...loads of people don't care for it. Atlantic released it as a single without it. Me? I don't mind since in a nice stereo set up I get a kick out of the effects and panning.

"Hey Jude" by The Beatles... That ending chorus just goes on and on and on and on....

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ I'm with GCCZEP.. I like that part of the song. Kinda showcases Jimmy's articulate ability with using a Bow and electronical effects. I never thought Robert was just getting off like some think..:confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Almost any jazz song with "Scat Singing" for me. About the only artist I can tolerate doing that is George Benson.

I agree with George, Hey Jude is one of the worst Beatles songs ever released, I was continually amazed when the Vancouver AM station's listeners would vote it and Stairway to Heaven as the best songs almost every year.:bonk:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking. I adore the first 3+ minutes of this song, then it goes into the 4 minute outro (did I just say `adore`?!) The instrumental and sax-filled outro is cool, at first, then it drags and it's WAY too long.

They could have easily made this song 4:30 in length and it would have been one of the best things they ever did, but for me, my ranking of this song among so many other great Stones tunes always drops when I have to listen to the last 2-3 minutes of it.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

Peter Schilling. One of the best chorus's from the 80's (at the :56 second mark) but the non-chorus part is kinda stupid.

BTW: thanks Lynch!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.