Songs You Like, But Parts That Bug You

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun thread! I like You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Stones but the choir in the beginning always bugged me and still does to this day.

Don't know if it's the recording in general, performance...whatever...just never dug it really. :hp:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The most obvious for me the middle section of Whole Lotta Love.
Song was good but not that middle bit.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The most obvious for me the middle section of Whole Lotta Love.
Song was good but not that middle bit.

LZ2 is easily the best album the band ever did and I love almost ever minute of it... except for that middle part you are speaking of, where Plant is getting off on himself a bit too much.

Other than that, a near perfect album ... and that is a perfect example for this thread. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm gonna add this one here....what bugs me about it? The Whistling at the end :pullhair:

:whistle: :oyea:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
This song is a good rocker, but Lee Pickens gets carried away at 3:52. He already had a guitar solo earlier in the song, so I guess they were just trying to make the song last longer.

Bloodrock - You Gotta Roll

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Of course in the past I have mentioned this song. But my gripe with it is towards the end when Angus does that escalating guitar riff that goes on too long for me. But they actually redeem it when they kick in the fading jam at the end just when you thought the song was going to end with that guitar wailing crap..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree on the fading jam. On my Australian Edition it does that at the start of the song Squealer.
I hate fadeouts on songs in general.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I hate fadeouts on songs in general.
I like the fade out part riff.. It's what goes on before that that I don't care for.. I was trying to say that in my post..

edit. I just fast forwarded the video I posted and the part I'm talking about is missing!! :wtf: Maybe it's on my album version only..:think:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate that the fade out part is on the track of Squealer. It goes onto the track Squealer and its like the previous song wasn't done yet.
The ending to Back In Black live is how it should have ended on the studio track too. Fadeouts are something I consider a pet hate. Feels like an anti climax when a song fades out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online