Some gear pics and my band

noodles

Short, Bald, Metal
Reaction score
Thumper asked for gear pics, so here goes...

Here are two of my KxK seven strings. Both are maple neck through with ebony fretboards and mahogany wings, Spertzel locking tuners, and Seymour Duncans. The bridge pickups are rewound by Wolfetone to early 80s JB specs.

GroupPortrait.jpg

This is my other KxK seven string, same specs as the ones above, but with an OFR-7:

IMG_1728JPG.jpg
IMG_1732JPG.jpg

Here's my '87 Soloist. It was my mainstay for ages, but I don't play it much anymore, since my band plays sevens exclusively. It still sees some work in the studio, though:

Soloistfull.jpg

Here is my Martin D-28. My father is huge into bluegrass, so to me, this is the sound of an acoustic guitar. I was conditioned from birth:

IMG_1688.jpg

And here is my Seagull 12-string, which I mainly play in the cover band:

IMG_1690.jpg

I need to get some better pictures of my rig, but my camera took a dive last month. :( I play through a Mesa/Boogie Stiletto series II, a Mesa/Boogie 4x12 bottom cab with C90s, a TC Electronic G Major, Line6 X2 wireless, and Morley Bah Horsie 2.

Here's a couple of crappy YouTube vids of my band, Division, playing at Jaxx, a metal club in Springfield, VA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0N5u5bnOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJWATRCsYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_z4AwcqgjM

We're opening up for Hammerfall next month. :metal:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Love the acoustics, your electric rig isn't much my style, my Marshall JMP with my Barber Direct Drive SS suits anything metall-y I care to play:tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice gear indeed Noodles.:tup:

I'll be back to check your band vids tomorrow morning.

noodles

Short, Bald, Metal
Reaction score
Love the acoustics, your electric rig isn't much my style, my Marshall JMP with my Barber Direct Drive SS suits anything metall-y I care to play:tongue:

Yeah, my electric rig is completely tailored to what I need it to do. I've owned a little bit of everything, and my college rig probably would have been more your style: Strats and Les Pauls into a Fender Blues DeVille 4x10, with a Tube Screamer, Chorus, and wah on the floor. That was a lifetime ago, though. ;)

Reaction score
Yeah, my electric rig is completely tailored to what I need it to do. I've owned a little bit of everything, and my college rig probably would have been more your style: Strats and Les Pauls into a Fender Blues DeVille 4x10, with a Tube Screamer, Chorus, and wah on the floor. That was a lifetime ago, though. ;)

:heheh:
yep, I have half of my rig in my avy, ac30HH and avatar 4x12, I've also got a 79 JMP, and an american standard tele(I'm picking up sunday), then my "quiet amp" is an epi valve special

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit I am gear ignorant. But the videos were not that bad...a bit dark, but you guys play some good tunes. And you are opening for Hammerfall, I am impressed!!!

<Patting Noodles on the back> :)

:oy:

Reaction score
Have you check out the Jet City JC20? That us absolutely my next amplifier purchase.

I've only heard clips, so I can't really tell for sure, but from the hype it got I was fairly unimpressed.... it just sounds so buzz-y, I don't even really have the desire to try it out.... i guess it's good on a budget though, I never buy on a small budget, I'm always bummed out when I could have just waited a little longer and gotten something dream like.... I almost bought a Supersonic amp, not the guitar, instead of the tele, they were both the same price, but I have no where to put the amp, its such a good deal I'm still kicking myself for passing up on it

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online