Slash (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Slash & Friends

I have to agree with you on that Harkat. Though from what I've heard from everyone I talk to they all thought Tom Morello's guitar solo was cooler than Slash's...so I'm thinking that his very recognizable image *coughTOPHATcough* is what seems to have made him the most popular guitarist in the world today.

Harkat

Reaction score

Yea thats quite probable but really its his time with GnR, his image and GH3 that have made him as populare as he is now. He is a good guitarist, no doubt, but as mentioned above: GnR, unique image, guitar skills and GH3 have put him at the 'best quitarist' position

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I loved Slash before he was in Guitar Hero because of Velvet Revolver and (more more importantly) Guns and all of my classmates didn't know who he was and then GH3 comes along and WHOA everyone loves him and I'm getting accused of only liking him because he was in Guitar Hero. What is up with that? :wtf:

Harkat

Reaction score

oh AND Velvet Revolver ( Duuuuh )
I knew he was in another well known band

And that Cosmic is why I dont tell people that I really enjoy DragonForce (despite it being true xD )

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yeah in addition to Velvet Revolver Slash also formed Slash's Snakepit and they put out two albums. The first was really good then they broke up and came back with a new lineup and the second album was....not so good.

I'm one of the few people who actually heard about DragonForce before Guitar Hero...though people don't believe me. I heard about them from one of my nerdy friends on a different forum way back in the day and of all the songs they showed me the only one I really liked was "Through The Fire and Flames". Nobody ever believes me when I tell that story though. :heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

Hahaaa xD
Well I can happily say that "Through The Fire and The Flames" was the very first metal song I had ever listened to ( before that I was singing along to Forever Young ~ Youth Group ) so that was a very big step for me and I havent looked back xD
I remember spending infinity hours listening and memorising each and every note and word on each and every song played XD

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I will commend the first few Guitar Heroes for opening the door to good rock music for people who don't usually listen to it. Their set lists have gone down hill more recently though.

Harkat

Reaction score

Yea I agree, I havent bothered to read their lists after GH3 cause there simply arent many bands on there worth listening to

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

3 was the climax of that game series....and I'm not just saying that because Slash was in it. ;)

Harkat

Reaction score

Yea I agree, after 3 you didnt hear anything much about any of the others nor did they have music worth listening to =\

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.