142212941_2e15023d8d.jpg

Slash Official Website

Solo Albums:

2010 Slash
2012 Apocalyptic Love
2014 World on Fire
2018 Living the Dream
2022 4

Slash is arguably the most famous guitarist alive in the world today (I believe he has Guitar Hero to thank for that) and has had such a resurgence in popularity in the last couple years that he has been brought in to work with mainstream artists such as Daughtry, Rihanna, and even to help with American Idol contestants (the latter making no sense to me since it's a singing competition and he's a guitarist).
It's this popularity that has allowed Slash to bring in dozens of different musicians to play on his upcoming solo album entitled "Slash & Friends" which is set to be released next year.
Now Slash is no stranger to working with a large number of different artists. Along with his three bands Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, and Slash's Snakepit he has also collaborated with such artists as Ray Charles, Alice Cooper (on multiple occasions), Iggy Pop, Cheap Trick, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood former bandmates' solo albums, and even the late Michael Jackson on each of his final three albums just to name a few.
With a resume like that to go along with Slash's talent as a very skilled hard rock guitarist it's no surprise that the man was able to bring in some of the biggest names of yesteryear as well as today to appear on his debut.

There is very little known about the content of "Slash & Friends" other the extensive list of guest musicians that appear on it, but with Slash having ultimate creative control over it and with how happy he is with how the album is coming along I must say that it should be a healthy dose of rock n' roll nostalgia in a time that needs it. The list of guest musicians is as follows:

Guest Vocals

* Ozzy Osbourne
* Iggy Pop
* Meat Loaf
* Nicole Scherzinger (of The Pussycat Dolls)
* M. Shadows (of Avenged Sevenfold)
* Alice Cooper
* Chris Cornell (of Soundgarden and Audioslave)
* Cypress Hill
* Fergie (of The Black Eyed Peas)
* Myles Kennedy (of Alter Bridge)
* Adam Levine (of Maroon 5)
* Andrew Stockdale (of Wolfmother)
* Kid Rock
* Koshi Inaba (of B'z)

Guest Percussion

* Steven Adler (of Guns N' Roses)
* Travis Barker (of blink-182)
* Lenny Castro
* Dave Grohl (of The Foo Fighters)

Guest Guitar, Bass, and Other

* Teddy Andreadis
* Flea (Bassist of The Red Hot Chili Peppers)
* Judgement Day (Strings)
* Duff McKagan (Bassist of Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses)
* Nick Oliveri (bass)
* Izzy Stradlin (Rhythm guitarist of Guns N' Roses and solo)
* Ronnie Wood

Along with Slash himself his core band consists of Josh Freese (who's resume includes Devo, Nine Inch Nails, and even the new incarnation of Guns N' Roses) on bass guitar and Chris Chaney (of Jane's Addiction fame) on drums.

I think that Slash is going to be the junction where new artists and old legends meet. If I may be so bold to say this I'm placing quite a bit my faith in the future of rock music in popular culture on this album's shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Slash & Friends

Well done as usual Cosmic.:tup:

I like most of the guest artists with one or two exceptions, but I'll be curious to see how his new album is received.

You sure are putting a lot of pressure on this project keeping rock relevant. I am not too worried, eventually the present or recent fads will fade away, and rock will still be an important part of our culture.;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Thank you LG. I try to put a degree of work into my thread making.

Well I'm not a fan of some of them myself, but after seeing what Slash managed to get out of Fergie and Cypress Hill for the new version of "Paradise City" I'm going to approach everything on this album with an open mind. I'm very happy though to see the likes of Iggy Pop, Ozzy, and Meat Loaf all their because I'm really curious to see how they all fair on this album. Also I'm a fan of all the previous collaborations between Alice and Slash so whatever they did together on this album I see as what I can automatically count on to be great.

Well we can hope. I've not lived through a period of time like the disco or 80's pop eras so I haven't witnessed that first hand as of yet.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I always think of my favorite Classical music composers, they are still part of our culture, centuries later. The great bands from the last century and this one I think will enjoy the same fate.

As I said somewhere else a couple of years ago..."Time has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff", same goes for music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I would be curious myself to see how this album fairs. I will most likely get the CD just to see how Slash has put together all the music with the impressive list of classic rockers.

I wonder if they have given any hints to what songs they will be collaborating?

Keep us posted Cosmic as to the release date of the album.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I always think of my favorite Classical music composers, they are still part of our culture, centuries later. The great bands from the last century and this one I think will enjoy the same fate.

As I said somewhere else a couple of years ago..."Time has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff", same goes for music.

Well I hope you are right. The generation that I had the misfortune of being born into has yet to really produce enough to make me optimistic.

I would be curious myself to see how this album fairs. I will most likely get the CD just to see how Slash has put together all the music with the impressive list of classic rockers.

I wonder if they have given any hints to what songs they will be collaborating?

Keep us posted Cosmic as to the release date of the album.

So far the only thing we know about the songs is a song called "Sahara" featuring Koshi Inaba was released for Japan only. It's supposed to be rerecorded in English for the album though.

I'll keep you all posted. :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Slash is not only a superb axeman, he is also one of my guitar faves! I didn't like Guns N roses for Axl Rose :D

Well I did and I still do. :tongue: I don't care what anyone says, I like "Chinese Democracy".
But really I love all of the original Guns. They all had such musical chemistry together. Slash is also one of my favorite guitarists too Magic. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

...I have a wealth of respect for your musical knowledge Cosmic, but I'm afraid I can't stand Axl Rose...he is ...well I have a word to describe him that Magic doesn't like so I'll refrain from using it.;)

Appetite For Destruction, begins and ends my G 'n R collection.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online