Sir Paul rocks the White House

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
LOVE McCartney, but I find it annoying how they didn't acknowledge the other Beatles.

To quote an article about the McCartney White House honor:
For a start, he is taking sole credit for songs that he wrote as part of an artistic team: Lennon/McCartney. Even if McCartney wrote more of this or that song as a member of the iconic sixties' group, it doesn't alter the fact that the music was created as part of an artistic process involving teamwork. Simply put, McCartney would not be who he is without the artistic collaboration of John Lennon and the late George Harrison and Ringo Starr. The prize handed to him should have borne the names of the others.

Full Article: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19523

I noticed that no one mentioned anything about Ringo Starr. Hmm, maybe he wasn't invited. I think it's a bit strange that there was no mention of John Lennon (and no mention of George Harrison). I love the Beatles, but I remember there being three other band members other than Paul McCartney... but that's a story for another time. There were over 200 guests including his girlfriend (Nancy Shevell) and his children.

Full Article: http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2010/06/paul-mccartneys-white-house-event-by.html

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
LOVE McCartney, but I find it annoying how they didn't acknowledge the other Beatles.

For a start, he is taking sole credit for songs that he wrote as part of an artistic team: Lennon/McCartney. Even if McCartney wrote more of this or that song as a member of the iconic sixties' group, it doesn't alter the fact that the music was created as part of an artistic process involving teamwork. Simply put, McCartney would not be who he is without the artistic collaboration of John Lennon and the late George Harrison and Ringo Starr. The prize handed to him should have borne the names of the others.

Full Article: Paul McCartney meets Barack Obama: Why did McCartney not take a Stand on a Matter of Gross Injustice and Human Suffering

As apart of this tribute Stevie Wonder, The Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Jack White, Dave Grohl, Elvis Costello, Corinne Bailey Rae, and other artists performed some of McCartney's best hit songs. Even though The Jonas Brothers are the last people I would ever expect, but at least it wasn't Justin Bieber.

Full Article: Paul McCartney's White House Event by: Nikky Raney 001

I agree...where was Ringo..he IS still alive...

it's amazing how Macca sucks up sometimes lol

I love him dearly but he really has a ego !

It's injustice that John ,George , and Ringo were not included in this as a whole...

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Full Article: Paul McCartney meets Barack Obama: Why did McCartney not take a Stand on a Matter of Gross Injustice and Human Suffering

Do they realize that Lennon and McCartney could hardly work with each other for most of the later Beatles years?

Sure, the credits may read "Lennon/McCartney", but aside from a few exceptions (A Day In The Life, I've Got A Feeling), most of the later stuff contained no more than a word or two from one of the pair.

And, on another note, why get hung up on it in the first place? Just sit back and enjoy the music :grinthumb

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
Do they realize that Lennon and McCartney could hardly work with each other for most of the later Beatles years?

Sure, the credits may read "Lennon/McCartney", but aside from a few exceptions (A Day In The Life, I've Got A Feeling), most of the later stuff contained no more than a word or two from one of the pair.

And, on another note, why get hung up on it in the first place? Just sit back and enjoy the music :grinthumb

Those weren't my words, but the of the one that wrote the article. :tongue:
But I quoted those two articles becuase I agree that it would have been nice if they recognized the other Beatles, because it was a collaborative effort on all those songs.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online