Simon and Garfunkel (Official Thread)

Andwar

Reaction score
Re: Simon and Garfunkel

My favourite S&G album is Bookends (except for 1 track) but my favourite track of theirs must be The Boxer. The layering of of their vocals at the end never fail to send shivers down my spine. Also The Boxer was one of the 1st tracks to use the synthesizer commercially.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I like quite a bit of Simon and Garfunkle's music, but never knew Paul Simon was the main man in writing the duo's music and lyrics.

And what a difference between his solo material and his work with Art.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Here's My Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme CD,,,seeing Annie inspired me to play it yesterday.

I still might get a copy of the new one whenever it comes out.:grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

"Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme" would have to be a very close running to my favourite "Bookends" album, and what's interesting about it is it puts Simon & Garfunkel in the "Pet Sounds" frame before The Beatles! :tongue:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

NEW ORLEANS – Simon and Garfunkel have been added to the lineup for this year's New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.

The singing-songwriting duo of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel will join the previously announced Jazz Fest lineup that includes Pearl Jam, Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison, The Neville Brothers, Lionel Richie, the Allman Brothers Band and Anita Baker.

The festival is scheduled for the weekends of April 23-25 and April 29-May 2 at the Fair Grounds Race Course. Simon and Garfunkel will be on stage on April 24.

While Simon has performed at Jazz Fest before, this will be the duo's first time together. Festival organizers say it is also their only planned U.S. appearance for the year.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online