Simon and Garfunkel (Official Thread)

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Re: Simon and Garfunkel

Lord Grendel:

What really burns my ass is that because of the inclusion of those two and live versions of the forgettable "For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her" and "Kathy's Song", tunes such as "Hazy Shade of Winter" and "At the Zoo" were not included in their Greatest Hits LP:

0bc1a2c008a0e428a709a010.L.jpg

In Simon & Garfunkel's case, I find the "skip track" feature on my CD player a blessing.

:drums:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

No one is perfect Hep, I like that album myself it does represent the band's legacy very well, I do play my others more though. It is a good place to start for someone who doesn't know much about them.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

"Cecilia" is perhaps the weakest Simon & Garfunkel tune I know, but I still seem to be able to listen to it, but personally it just doesn't do much for me.

I think I could name a few people who don't like their "Bookends" album, but to me that's their best album! :tongue:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Gotta dig these guys.....I dig Paul Simon's solo stuff 2 :):)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a good song Foreverblue, I have it on the soundtrack of my VHS copy of Watership Down, I'm not sure if it was available on album back then or not...:think:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

Personally I prefer them as a Duo and it would have always been difficult to top that period they had together! :tongue:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Simon and Garfunkel are my favorite group of the 60's. I think their songwriting (by "their" I mean Paul's) is top notch, their harmony is among the most perfect in all of music, and their music is just beautiful and so peaceful at the same time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.