Should CRF Place Restrictions on Newbies?

Should Newbies be restricted on CRF?

• All posts should be moderated before showing in the forum for 20 posts.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Allow them to post, but do not allow links for 20 posts.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Newbies should not be restricted at all.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I have no opinion reguarding newbies.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Would love to see a restriction put on anyone with a nonsensical group of letters and numbers. Ie: slkjasqou and xzosienw can't EVER post. Actually make it so that they can't even use jibberish login names. Have a popup that says "your name is stupid" or "both you and your name are stupid... no soup for you!"

:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Would love to see a restriction put on anyone with a nonsensical group of letters and numbers. Ie: slkjasqou and xzosienw can't EVER post. Actually make it so that they can't even use jibberish login names. Have a popup that says "your name is stupid" or "both you and your name are stupid... no soup for you!"

Win! :grinthumb

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I wouldn't restrict anyone during their first visit - it might scare them away and I think we need to hold onto any potential poster, since active message boards like this one are getting more and more rare. Perhaps an option could be automatic removal of accounts with max XX posts (for example 5) within XX period of time (could be a week, month, whatever!).

I just want to add, that I've visisted daily since I signed up and I don't feel that the amount of spam is so bad that actions are desperately needed.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I think they should all be on double secret probation and have to wear beanie caps with propellers for at least a week.

And they should have to sift out the brown M&Ms.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I think they should all be on double secret probation and have to wear beanie caps with propellers for at least a week.

And they should have to sift out the brown M&Ms.

:oyea: My nickname was flounder at one time. On the level.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't restrict anyone during their first visit - it might scare them away and I think we need to hold onto any potential poster, since active message boards like this one are getting more and more rare. Perhaps an option could be automatic removal of accounts with max XX posts (for example 5) within XX period of time (could be a week, month, whatever!).

I just want to add, that I've visisted daily since I signed up and I don't feel that the amount of spam is so bad that actions are desperately needed.

There is more spam that pops up than you probably get to see. In fact just cleaned up a whole lot of it just now. lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Staff online

Members online