Sergeant (Official Thread)

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
A little-known English-Swiss AOR group formed by two former members of NWOBHM heroes Tygers of Pan Tang (Rob Weir and Brian Dick), Sergeant are really something of an enigma. Fronted by Steve Overland-soundalike Pete Prescott, the band managed to deliver two albums of quality melodic rock, 1984's S/T effort and 1986's Streetwise, neither of which did particularly well.

541449.jpg

Sergeant.png

After the touring for the second album, the band seemed to fall apart, with Prescott joining Cozy Powell and Ray Fenwick's Forcefield project. Shame really, these guys seemed to be able to churn out some quality material.

So, anyone remember these guys?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Sergeant

I remember the band name. I recognized it along with the album cover you posted in the Listening thread. But I really can't place a song title with this band. Moving sounds sorta (maybe) familiar, the other song here doesn't.

*shrug*

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

I remember the band name. I recognized it along with the album cover you posted in the Listening thread. But I really can't place a song title with this band. Moving sounds sorta (maybe) familiar, the other song here doesn't.

*shrug*

I'll be honest, the first time I heard them I just thought it was FM :p

But Streetwise really has a horrendous cover, doesn't it?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I don't know :heheh:

No it sounds pretty cool. I'm trying to jog my memory. The Tyger of Pan Tang connection is very familiar.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online