Scorpions - 70's Edition (Official Thread)

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Re: 70's SCORPIONS!!!

Loved the Uli era Scorps. Not so much in the 80's. But I loved that video from Lonesome Crow. Who knew Klaus ever had hair!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

longtime fan of the band. I like virtually everything from about '75 to '96 that the Scorps did, with my favorite stuff being probably '79 to '90.

The first time I saw them in concert was in '85 for the Love at First Sting tour. Oh my stars and garters, these guys put on a show. Energy driven from start to finish. I saw them 4 more times in the 80's into the early 90's and always one of the bands that gave 100% all the time. One of the best live bands ever, at least during that time period they were.

:bow:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Just in case all you Scorp fans haven't heard the news, the Scorpions are calling it quits after this upcoming tour and the release of their final studio album "A Sting in the Tail" (which is due for release March 19).

scorpionssting1.jpg

I hate to see them quit, but they are quitting at the top of their game. Frontman Klaus Meine and rhythm guitarist Rudolf Schenker have both reached the ripe old age of 61, with lead guitarist Matthias Jabs seven years behind them. They are at the age when they should be thinking about retiring, but they have put on some really good shows the past couple years.

for full details see The Scorpions Official Website

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

This news makes me sad :wa:

One of my alltime favorite bands, both studio and live concerts. I sure hope that they come to town on this. I'd love to get in one last show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am reflecting back to when I bought "Taken By Force" and played Steamrock Fever for the first time, the first German Rock album I ever bought.

They sure have had a Great run.:bow:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

From what I can tell, Lynch, the tour will begin in Germany and they have scheduled concerts in 5 other countries. The tour will span a 2 year time period. If they come to Cincy or Dayton, you can bet your clean undies I will be there to get one last concert T-shirt :D

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score

I saw the Scorpions in 1979, they were the opening band or their Animal Magnetism tour. Check out this lineup Scorpions, AC/DC "If you want blood" tour AND Ted Nugent, my ears were ringing for days!!!!

One of my favorite Scorpions, The Zoo

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That was an Epic line up and all of them in their prime too CLASIK.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member