Scorpions - 70's Edition (Official Thread)

gguerra

Reaction score
Re: 70's SCORPIONS!!!

The 80's scorpions were good (commercial) but I prefer the 70's. Especially Lovedrive and Virgin Killers. I say them in 1981 just before they became big on MTV and such.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree, I liked them with their primal edge, more than when they became big. They still did some good songs post 70's, but seeing Taken By Force is my favorite it's not surprising I feel that way.

And I forgot to mention, MP I thought I was one of the few people in the world that knew and liked "Steamrock Fever"...lol.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^I agree, I liked them with their primal edge, more than when they became big. They still did some good songs post 70's, but seeing Taken By Force is my favorite it's not surprising I feel that way.

And I forgot to mention, MP I thought I was one of the few people in the world that knew and liked "Steamrock Fever"...lol.

One of my first pro bands I was in...we'd hang at the bass players house "Space" (nick name) and spin Taken By Force, Tokyo Tapes,Virgin Killer,In Trance...in fact I remember when Blackout first came out!

I was crusin' with my buddies Kevin and Ray in Kevin's ride in the summertime...Ray playin' air guitar and headbangin' with the top down, while ridin' shotgun to the title track and this..

Blackout still carried the spirit of the 70's years IMO.

:oy:

Rocker440

Reaction score

The Scorpions are another band that I am a long time fan of. Although the first album that I heard (which I bought when it was first released) was Animal Magnetism. I was hooked within the first few spins of the vinyl. :tup:

It didn't take me long to seek out their earlier material with Ulrich. To this day, Virgin Killer, Taken By Force, Tokyo Tapes and also In Trance are all faves. Still play many of these as often as possible, too. In Trance is my fave of the earlier material. I crank that one up nice and loud, too! :heheh:

I don't remember much of any of the Ulrich era Scorpions getting any airtime on the FM radio dials back then, but I sure make up for that now! :lmao:

I haven't heard much of their newer stuff, and I believe the band has changed a couple of members since the 1980's releases as well.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm part of a music club where it's set up like Netflix with a queue and you get a c.d. every month for $6.99! Up to now I only knew Rock You like A Hurricane and Winds of Change. After seeing all the love for them on hear I decided to get their hits collection through the club. Listening to Still Loving You right now in this thread I'm excited to get it! :grinthumb

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

aNY OF THEIR SLOW LOVE BALLADS OF THE PAST ARE much BETTER THAN wog :):)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Love the Scorps! They were absolutely on fire from 79 to 90 with Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Blackout, Love at First Sting, Savage Amusement and Crazy World. I think this band epitomizes the rockin' craziness and party-on attitude that was the 80's. Ok, maybe it was just me! :eek:hyeah:

I haven't gotten into their earlier works, but perhaps some day I will appreciate it all. I especially like the rhythm and tempo of Savage Amusement. Brings back many great memories of the late 80's. :cheers:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online