Saxon (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Saxon

Like saxon a lot!!

Albums I think are great: Wheels Of Steel, Strong Arm Of The Law and Power And The Glory .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll be back to post the next album seeing some fans have shown up, and I forgot about my boys in here.:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After Denim & Leather came 1983's, "Power & The Glory". Recorded after taking a break and changing drummers, they started exploring new territory with this album, more fantasy based songs and only one Biker anthem, "Redline". One thing I have to admit is some of the production is very hit or miss with Saxon, this album is not nearly as well engineered as Strong Arm of the Law for example. Still I love this band warts and all and this is another good record.:guitar:

The title song:

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

mu8shc.jpg

Outside 70's hard rock/metal, I'm not a big heavy metal fan (compaired to others on this board) but I must say I'm a big Saxon fan. I really love the early stuff, although some might think it sounds dated - I think it sounds ''classic''. Saxon is British heavy metal band at it's best.

Saxon Rocks!
headbanger.gif

Biff Byford is up there with the best of metal vocalists of all time, yesterday and today. I love this guys vocals.

35l7xv8.jpg
Saxon – Fire In The Sky – listen at Last.fm < Musique63.gif

There's a fire in the sky
There's a feeling in the air
When the ground starts to tremble
The first attack is here
You won't stand a chance
When the missiles start to fly
They never tell the people
Till the holocaust is here

When the fire's in the sky
You'll be running for your lives
Prepare yourselves to die

Where, where are the shelters
They said they would be there
You'll need, need some protection
From the radiation flare
Don't, don't start a panic
It won't do you no good
You'll just have to wait
For the end of all mankind

If you're near the point of impact
There's nowhere you can run
If the heatwave don't get you
The shockwave surely will
There won't be no more heroes
There's no one left to fight
It's the end of our planet
We'd commit eternal sight

To die, to die, to die ...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see you in here with the rest of us "Old Farts", Groovy Man. Seeing I have an extensive collection of classical music dating back hundreds of years, none of the rock/metal from the 60's/70's sounds dated to me...however it does put me in the "Dinosaur" category I would guess.:heheh:

Next album coming tomorrow.:guitar:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Something was beginning to happen to Saxon, after such a promising start to their career they suddenly began to lose their momentum. The Power & The Glory album was not received as well as it's predecessors, lacking the free spirited biker mentality that was becoming a trademark of the band. I disagree with the critics on this point, just because Saxon changed a little to write about something other than partying and biker anthems is no reason to give them the business. In the competitive world of rock music it's a fine line between maintaining your fan base and keeping things interesting for the band and selling enough albums to keep the coffers full.

Which brings us to "Crusader", considered an average record when it came out in 1984, but I loved it from the first time I played the title track and still love it today. I didn't have any problem with them trying to grow and keep up with bands like Maiden, besides you can always return to your roots at anytime later after taking some chances with your music. More times than I care to count I am at odds with the "Experts", once I like a band I am like a pit bull, I am loyal forever, and in Saxon's case they have more than repaid the support I've given them over the years.

Crusader.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online