Saracen (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I have listened to the new Cd and I agree with Lou, it is not their best work, very AOR IMO. There are some good tracks on there but only about 3, how come most of the vocals are guest vocals? I am disappointed with the new album and hope to see them release another classic album soon.

The only good thing is that they are still playing live and very well live and we still have some classic albums by them to listen to.

Anyone else got the new album, what's your opinion?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I saw it the other day but didn't pick it up Sweaty...after reading LOU"s comment and your's I don't think I'll bother.

I also know where to get my hands on their Old material so that is what I'll do.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SARACENs new album has got to be the most dissapointment of the year :uh:. I give it 6 out of ten....and thats being very kind. I nearly slung it out in the garden.:heheh:....what a shame!!
Shame being is that SARACEN are a class act....so why have they made this album? To open the door to a U.S market ? Female vocalist Robin Beck guests on a lot of tracks...Im not familiar with her work....but on the whole It doesnt work on a SARACEN album.
One track being an acception " Make this body work" which is outstanding reminding me of US rockers STORM...or HEART at there heaviest rocking best !
......but theres too much AOR / Meat Loaf inspired rock opera mush that ruins it.......so you end up skipping half the album
There are some high points , the track "Whither the wind blows" is the odd track out because its BRILLIANT...:cheers2and its so SARACEN !!! [ Heh heh and Uriah Heep ] 10 out of ten this song :):bow:

MP Edit:Video removed from Youtube

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SARACEN reprieved ! After the semi dissapointment of the latest opus "Marilyn".......Ive just bought the SARACEN album "Vox in Excelso" and its quite brilliant.....capturing their almighty "live" sound.
Heres just a couple of gems....:grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Lou that album is fantastic, glad you purchased it it has some real classic moments in there, back to classic Saracen:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Its gone a bit quiet on the SARACEN front...Iam itching in seeing these guys "live" again.
Here is an outstanding "Epic" track that has Hydrazoic Acids approval :grinthumb

Mary

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.