Santana (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Carlos Santana Lines Up Latino Stars for New Album

Carlos-Santana-Matt-Roberts.jpg

Carlos Santana will continue his trend of star-studded genre-hopping with the release of ‘Corazon.’ The album, which will be released at an unknown date early next year, serves as a tribute to his Latin heritage.

ABC News Radio reports that the guitar legend has lined up a diverse array of Latino musicians to help him out, including Gloria Estefan and Pitbull (both Cuban-American), Juanes (Colombia) and Lila Downs (Mexico). Santana’s son Salvador and neo-soul singer Miguel also make contributions, as does non-Latino Ziggy Marley. The album is produced by Lester Mendez, known for his work with Shakira and Enrique Iglesias.

‘Corazon’ — which will touch on such genres as rock, hip-hop, salsa, reggae and bachata — will be previewed on Dec. 14 with a concert at the Vincente Fernandez Arena in Guadalajara, Mexico. Many of the artists featured on the album will perform with Santana.

It is not known if ‘Corazon’ will feature the reunion of the original Santana lineup, which was reportedly in the works earlier this year.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The story about Carlos reuniting with his original drummer/conga player, Marcus Malone, has been out there for a while, but here's a video.

KRON 4's Stanley Roberts and Carlos Santana on CNN

JimJam

Reaction score
I saw Santana in the late '70s. They emphasized percussion, lots & lots of percussion, and they sounded great.

"Soul Survivor" is one of my favorites; the studio version and also the one from Woodstock.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
hi I`m new to Santana so where would you say to start. thanks for any help

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The 70's era stuff, after Rollie & Schon left to form Journey, has always been my favorite Santana.

Not that the earlier stuff isn't great too.

gguerra

Reaction score
Just found this show and it sounds great.

Santana - Full Concert - 08/18/70 - Tanglewood (OFFICIAL)

GoogaMooga

Reaction score
Throughout the 1980s I was a rabid Santana fan; I dare say they kept me sane in a decade that musically has been likened to a car crash. Seen them nine times in all, own the run on CD, and will probably remain loyal till Carlos hangs up the guitar. Best: Abraxas, Caravanserai. Weakest: Brothers, Shapeshifter. Favorite instro: Song of the Wind. However, the album "Shango" remains my most played record to this day, though not my favorite. Due to excessive play in 83-85, when I didn't have that many records.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online