That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited

HAGAR EXPECTS TO REUNITE WITH VAN HALEN
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Chickenfoot singer Sammy Hagar says there is a “90 percent” chance that he’ll play in Van Halen again. The rocker told Rolling Stone that he would “love to make another record” with the band if Eddie Van Halen “was totally cool” and not like how he was the last time they were together. Hagar added that if he does reunite with the group, because of what he wrote about the guys in his upcoming autobiography, it won’t be for some time after the book comes out. That book, Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock, is due out on the 15th.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me if they did take Hagar back, I saw them on their reunion tour and I don't know if he was just having a bad night, or more likely it's his age, but David Lee Roth just stood around on stage looking like Tony Bennett, all the energy he used to fizz with on the stage was just gone, pretty boring show actually, though Eddie is still a guitar genius technically like no other.

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This could be just a plug for Sammy's new book.....throwing out the Van Halen name as an advertising ploy, to get people to buy his book.

If he said bad things about VH in his book, I dont see a reunion, Eddie will be PISSED.

:heheh:

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Roth's singing on that tour was below average as well. Eddie also played with an "economical" vibe to his playing. He's still Eddie but the fire of his chops has dwindled a bit.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This could be just a plug for Sammy's new book.....throwing out the Van Halen name as an advertising ploy, to get people to buy his book.

If he said bad things about VH in his book, I dont see a reunion, Eddie will be PISSED.

:heheh:

Yeah that's my thinking too. I mean, didn't Van Halen get back together with Roth in the first place to make big dollars? If the new Van Halen album does well when it comes out then I don't see how Sammy would ever get back into the picture (or Michael Anthony for that matter if he keeps hanging out with him. :bonk:).

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
'Ey Ed-Waaaard! You believe this s***??? What do you have to say?? Whoo Hoo!!

vanhalen.jpg

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I would like to see Hagar returned to Van Halen because I never liked David Lee Roth, as a singer. And it would be quite cool, if they returned to the band Michael Anthony too.-)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online