Rush (Official Thread)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Re: The Official Rush Thread

For all you audio and video buffs out there...I can't say enough of the Snakes and Arrows BluRay. It is by far the clearest & crispest concert out there. :)

I thought so myself. There's also some pretty funny comedy nuggets on there as well. Nice setlist too.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Been playing the Snakes and Arrows album today, for me it's actually the best album they ever made, if the next one is the same studio and the same co-producer (Nick Raskulinecz) then it will be quite something. The whole sound is just so much fuller and more epic, which I love, lots of multiple-tracks overlaying each other, surprising too how many of the tracks have a semi-acoustic guitar feel to them, it's an audio orgasm!! (opps!, not sure if I will get away with that one!!) Love that album so much, it also features Faithless, which is fast becoming one of my favourite Rush tracks ever, in fact did they ever write a better song than this?...

CREAM'd

Reaction score

If you had to pick one album by Rush,the album that would say ''this is why I listen to Rush'' what album would it be?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ Caress Of Steel for me with Hemispheres a close second !!

TheSound

Reaction score

Probably already made my choice clear, Snakes and Arrows. Failing that, I think they made 5 maybe 6 albums that will be remembered for decades as great rock albums - 2112, Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, and Vapour Trails. But they never made a truly bad record, some of their synth-dominated stuff is maybe a bit anal, but even that is interesting. Only album I don't play that often is Fly by Night, and there's a couple I don't have from the late 80's and early 90's.

But CREAM'd, to answer your question without prattling on too much, too late for that, oh well!!!...Snakes and Arrows!!!

Hardnecker

Reaction score

Faithless is one of those songs that makes you think and question certain things. Some Rush fans are tired of the topic yet I think Clockwork Angels will touch upon it once again. I like Faithless myself, regardless of what I may or may not believe.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Thanks for your suggestions everybody,I appreciate that.I will see if I can pick up a few albums this week.I am going to stop previewing albums on YouTube,I think it takes away from the experience of hearing a good album for the 1st time.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

Probably already made my choice clear, Snakes and Arrows. Failing that, I think they made 5 maybe 6 albums that will be remembered for decades as great rock albums - 2112, Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres, and Vapour Trails. But they never made a truly bad record, some of their synth-dominated stuff is maybe a bit anal, but even that is interesting. Only album I don't play that often is Fly by Night, and there's a couple I don't have from the late 80's and early 90's.

But CREAM'd, to answer your question without prattling on too much, too late for that, oh well!!!...Snakes and Arrows!!!

As much as I admit to not being a major fan of their newer stuff, I don't think they have made one bad record. Of course I am just madly in love with their older stuff, mainly Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings and 2112.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

If you had to pick one album by Rush,the album that would say ''this is why I listen to Rush'' what album would it be?

This one would be my pick Cream'd.

6755-rush-moving-pictures-mfsl.jpg

TheSound

Reaction score

As much as I admit to not being a major fan of their newer stuff, I don't think they have made one bad record. Of course I am just madly in love with their older stuff, mainly Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings and 2112.

I think the Rush album I actually had the most trouble getting into, was Vapour Trails. I know it was a sort of a comeback album, and they hadn't recorded anything for about 6 years after Peart lost both his partner and his daughter, but it has a real hard edge to it which I didn't like at first, there's nothing subtle about that record at all, very guitar driven, almost a return to basics, and a million miles away from some of their very experimental stuff. But I now actually rate it as amongst their finest albums, but it was a slow burner for me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online