Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

The Lars letter....ugggh.....deep down the man has some serious roots. I enjoyed reading that one as well as all of them. :wa

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score

Very sad to hear about RJD's passing...

I saw him with Rainbow, Sabbath, H&H and as a solo artist, and he always delivered.

I also got to shake his hand and drink a beer with him at the Troubadour bar back in the mid 80s. A true gentlemen, a dynamite singer and an incredible performer.

RIP...

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I only saw him with his own band but I did see him a bunch of times - first time in 1996 on the Angry Machines tour at a pretty small venue. Most of the metal world had turned away from him at that point - when he had Traci G on guitar - but he still delivered. Just the other day I was blasting Angry Machines falling in love with the album all over again - one of my most played albums, period.

I got one of those famous 'Dio looks' AND a thumbs up from him for screaming along to Mob Rules as the first encore. It's a tricky song but I nailed it and Dio of course noticed and gave me the eye, the wink, the thumbs-up - showman thru and thru as he was :heheh: :D

It happened to me, it happened to Lars and I'm sure it happened to 1000's and 1000's like us throughout his career.

Also, I was one of those kids growing up in Kickapoo :heheh: Listening to Dio on my walkman (mainly Hungry for Heaven and Last in Line) on my paper route made me realize that there was something 'bigger' out there - outside of Kickapoo :heheh:

Which is a big f*****g deal when you grow up in f*****g Kickapoo, let me tell ya :heybaby:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

I ought to see him live in June. The show was canceled but I was still hoping for a reprogramming. That day will never come...

What a sad Monday morning.

RIP Dio ...

Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well
The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell...

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

What a touching letter from Lars.
Very sad news, R.I.P. Ronnie.

T_Dude

Reaction score

RIP Ronnie, a true legend.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I heard the sad news this morning, what a terrible loss. Dio was one of the pioneers of metal, one of the most influential musicians ever and he had a voice that can shake the world. So rest in peace Ronnie, you will be sorely missed. Also, thanks for all the music that will from now on be ingrained in history forever!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka