Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

from blabbermouth.net

EXODUS Guitarist: RONNIE JAMES DIO's Impact On Me Won't Ever Be Forgotten - May 17, 2010
Guitarist Gary Holt of San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS has posted the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"What more can be said about Ronnie that hasn't been said by so many others. He was the kindest, most humble metal god I've ever had the pleasure and honor of touring with.

"I first met him at Foundations Forum about two to three weeks before our tour with them during [BLACK SABBATH's] 'Dehumanizer' tour, for about ten minutes while he waited outside for his cab. I introduced myself, said it was an all time honor to meet and tour with him and said see you soon. Fast forward to the first day of the tour, and he sees me and says, 'How are you doing, Gary?' I would not have been offended if he never knew my name the whole tour, but he remembered it from a ten-minute chat around three weeks earlier.

"We had many golden moments hanging out with him, while he allowed me to relentlessly badger him for stories about Ritchie Blackmore and the time spent singing for my favorite band, RAINBOW.

"R.I.P. Your impact on me won't ever be forgotten."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

QUEENSRŸCHE: RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Was Undoubtedly One Of Heavy Metal's Greatest Performers' - May 17, 2010
Seattle progressive hard rockers QUEENSRŸCHE have released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Ronnie James Dio was undoubtedly one of heavy metal's greatest performers and will continue to influence the world of heavy metal forever. He was certainly a very big influence on QUEENSRŸCHE and along the way became a cherished friend too. We will all miss him greatly, but Ronnie will live on every time we raise our metal horns high! The man on the silver mountain will always be our rainbow in the dark."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

MÖTLEY CRÜE Bassist: DIO 'Was One Of The Kindest Souls I Have Ever Met' - May 16, 2010
MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Ronnie was one of the kindest souls I have ever met and his talent was beyond inspirational to so many of us. I still have this image of him standing on stage in front of 100,000 belting out 'Man on the Silver Mountain' and remember the shivers it sent up my spine. He will be missed by all of us.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

BRIAN TICHY: DIO's 'Amazing Talent, Charisma And Power Combined Were Nothing Short Of Magic!' - May 16, 2010
Acclaimed rock drummer Brian Tichy (PRIDE AND GLORY, OZZY OSBOURNE, FOREIGNER, BILLY IDOL) has released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"It is a sad day...

"R.I.P Ronnie James Dio!!

"I had hoped the rumor stayed just that. Sadly I was wrong...

"The world is not as cool now...

"I am another shocked, saddened and hurt fan, just like the millions of Dio fans around the world.

"I have been cranking 'Heaven and Hell', 'Mob Rules', 'Holy Diver' and 'Last In Line' since they came out. I loved so much about those records, but without Ronnie and his insane vocals, they would not have been as believable.

"Ronnie made you believe! His amazing talent, charisma and power combined were nothing short of magic!

"Listen to the first three songs on 'Mob Rules'! That is mastered dynamics the likes of which can barely be touched by any vocalist ever!

"He never changed with the times! He couldn't! He's Dio! He has to be the one guy you can count on!

"I am happy to have at least have met him briefly and told him how much of a fan I am and that he was one of the mighty elite that inspired me to never stop trying to achieve goals. I was nervous, and he was nothing but kind and classy!

"I had hoped that someday I could keep time for him. That's OK; I will crank 'Mob Rules' and 'Holy Diver' in the headphones, behind the kit, playing along totally psyched, pretending to be in an arena with him... just like I did in high school!

"Thanks to Ronnie for all the powerful music!

"Ronnie James Dio ruled, rules, and will rule!

"LOOK OUT!"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

DANKO JONES: RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Was The Greatest Rock Singer Of All Time' - May 16, 2010
DANKO JONES frontman and namesake has released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I just heard that Ronnie James Dio died today. This news is very sad. He was the greatest rock singer of all time. I've said it on record many many times. He will be greatly missed by all of rockdom.

"In 2004, I got to meet Dio and he was so gracious and down to earth, then he got up on stage and schooled everyone.

"We all have the records — 'Heaven And Hell', 'Mob Rules', 'Holy Diver', 'Last In Line', 'Dream Evil', 'Rainbow Rising', 'Long Live Rock’N'Roll'. I can't listen to them today because it's too hard, but tomorrow I will crank these up.

"R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

EDEN'S CURSE Frontman: DIO Had Heart, Soul And An Aggressive Energy That No Singer Could Touch - May 16, 2010
Vocalist Micheal Eden of multinational melodic metallers EDEN'S CURSE has released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Today is my worst fear realized. I've lost my favorite singer and a guy I'll always consider a friend.

"Ronnie James Dio was the singer's singer. Heart, soul and an aggressive energy that no singer could touch. He took risks in the early '80s with album covers and made things look bigger than life to all of us who were teens at the time watching from either beside the stage or in the crowd.

"Ronnie always had time for his fans and was a man who taught life-changing lessons to many of us who would some how end up slaying the dragon along with him in our own bands.

"On behalf of EDEN'S CURSE and myself, I'd like to give our deepest sympathy to Wendy Dio [Ronnie's wife/manager] who is truly the best rock 'n' roll manager on the planet.

"Wendy managed Ronnie with her company Niji Management, whom I'd personally like to thank, and always made sure I had passes and or tickets when the band would play Chicago going back over two decades.

"Wendy has a heart of gold, as does Niji, and will make sure the fans are not left behind.

"We all love you, Wendy.

"I'm still very much in shock as is the collective metal community.

"I loved Ronnie beyond words and have decided with the members of EDEN'S CURSE to include one of Ronnie's metal gems in tribute to his loving memory which will appear on our third release, 'Trinity', due out this coming fall 2010."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

LIZZY BORDEN Bassist: RONNIE JAMES DIO's Music 'Will Live On Forever' - May 16, 2010
LIZZY BORDEN bassist Marten Andersson has released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Ronnie, I know you have been really sick for a while now so I know this is one of the horrible outcomes when you deal with a horrible decease like cancer (trust me, I know, seeing first-hand my mom getting chemo pushed into her body). Still, hearing about this hit me right in the heart.

"I seriously didn't know I would feel this strongly about your passing. The influence and strength you gave me through your music over the years is more apparent then I realized and far beyond (me trying to put it into) words for right now.

"I know in time I will have nothing but great memories of your amazing music and the person you were but right now this is a very difficult to deal with for me (and the million of metal family members you have around the world).

"You were the man, the legend!! We will all miss you but you will not be forgotten; your music will live on forever.

"Have a safe journey!"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

SMASHING PUMPKINS' BILLY CORGAN: DIO Was 'One Of The Best Rock Singers There Will Ever Be' - May 16, 2010
SMASHING PUMPKINS mainman Billy Corgan has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. I only got to meet him once and I can honestly say he was the nicest person I have ever met in music.

"Ronnie was a true gentleman, and obviously one of the best rock singers there will ever be. What a sad loss today.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

WOLF: 'We Have Lost The Greatest, Most Powerful And Biggest Voice In Hard Rock And Metal' - May 16, 2010
Swedish heavy metallers WOLF have released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"We are very sad this day. We have lost THE greatest, most powerful and biggest voice in hard rock and metal. For WOLF, Ronnie James Dio, was/is a great inspiration and we will always keep his voice alive listening to his music. We all met him on several occations and he was always very nice and took the time to chat about music and the world.

"You will be sadly missed. May your music live on and on forever."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

INTO ETERNITY Frontman: DIO 'Influenced Thousands And Thousands Of Musicians' - May 16, 2010
Vocalist Stu Block of Canadian extreme progressive metallers INTO ETERNITY has released the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I'm still taking in the fact that we have lost yet ANOTHER timeless metal musician.

"R.I.P., Ronnie James Dio. A life that was lived to the fullest and also influenced thousands and thousands of musicians. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

"Cancer is a battle for many people these days; the world is losing many talented,loving and wonderful people. Do what you can to prevent and/or help find a cure.

"Stay healthy, my friends!"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online