Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

Rocker440

Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

Very sad news! :wa

I greatly admire Ronnie James Dio! He was a phenomenal singer, songwriter, and performer, imo! I very much both wanted him to beat that disease and to continue rocking the world as only he did!

The first album I heard with Ronnie was Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, and the first album I bought with him on it was Rainbow Rising! That album was very special to me, in more ways than one! I'll have extremely fond memories of that album, also with many other albums that feature Ronnie and I'll continue to admire him, play those albums and loudly, and also be both saddened with his passing, but know that he's rocking with some more fellow rockers in another world now, and rocking in peace!

I wish his family and Wendy all the best!

Thank you, Ronnie James Dio!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I have a sad angered feeling of when I go to work today..I'll be the only person who KNOWS who Ronnie James Dio was :( :mad:

Because the American Idol Loving morons never heard the beauty of REAL talent,,I pity them..R,I,P, Ronnie

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I had a couple of those at work Astrid...:rolleyes: :banghead:

But not everyone...most knew.

b.o.b.

Reaction score

It is with huge sadness we hear that Ronnie has lost his battle against stomach cancer, and our heartfelt condolences go out to his wife Wendy and family at this terrible time. From his earlier years in Elf, Black Sabbath and Dio, right through to his most recent days fronting Heaven and Hell, Ronnie, time and again, proved his genius as a frontman, always giving his all to his fans and his music. Ronnie was not only an incredibly gifted singer but also a wonderfully warm, intelligent and generous person and this shone through both on and off stage leaving a positive mark on everyone he came into contact with. A longstanding friend of Maiden, we played many shows together over the years and we will all miss him greatly.

The world has lost an irreplaceable talent and, first and foremost, one of the finest human beings you could ever wish to meet.

Steve, Bruce, Adrian, Dave, Janick, Nicko and Rod

from ironmaiden.com

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS: 'We Have Lost A Great Human Being And The Best Singer Of Rock In The World' - May 17, 2010
Powerhouse vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"A sad day, just a very sad day!!!

"We have lost a great human being and the best singer of rock in the world.

"Ronnie was my hero and my friend, I will miss him and his kind words. He taught me so much on stage and off stage.

"I also would like so say that my heart is heavy for Wendy Dio [Ronnie's wife/manager], and we should all keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

"I do not think of Wendy without Ronnie and I don't think of Ronnie without Wendy.

"We all love you, Wendy... and we all will miss you, Ronnie, and we love you for everything you have given us!"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

IRON MAIDEN On RONNIE JAMES DIO: 'The World Has Lost An Irreplaceable Talent' - May 17, 2010
British heavy metal veterans IRON MAIDEN have released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"It is with huge sadness we hear that Ronnie has lost his battle against stomach cancer, and our heartfelt condolences go out to his wife Wendy and family at this terrible time.

"From his earlier years in ELF, BLACK SABBATH and DIO, right through to his most recent days fronting HEAVEN & HELL, Ronnie, time and again, proved his genius as a frontman, always giving his all to his fans and his music.

"Ronnie was not only an incredibly gifted singer but also a wonderfully warm, intelligent and generous person and this shone through both on and off stage leaving a positive mark on everyone he came into contact with. A longstanding friend of MAIDEN, we played many shows together over the years and we will all miss him greatly.

"The world has lost an irreplaceable talent and, first and foremost, one of the finest human beings you could ever wish to meet."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

TONY IOMMI: RONNIE 'Loved What He Did, Making Music And Performing On Stage' - May 17, 2010
BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN & HELL guitarist Tony Iommi has released the following statement regarding the passing of his bandmate, legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Yesterday 16th May my dear, dear friend Ronnie James Dio passed away at 7.45am L.A. time.

"I've been in total shock; I just can't believe he's gone.

"Ronnie was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. We had some fantastic times together.

"Ronnie loved what he did, making music and performing on stage. He loved his fans so much. He was a kind man and would put himself out to help others.

"I can honestly say it's truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years.

"His music will live on forever.

"Our thoughts are with Wendy Dio [Ronnie's wife/manager] who stood by Ronnie until the end. He loved her very much.

"The man with the magic voice is a star amongst stars, a true professional.

"I'll miss you so much, my dear friend."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

SPV/STEAMHAMMER RECORDS Mourns Loss Of RONNIE JAMES DIO - May 17, 2010
Germany's SPV/Steamhammer Records has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"It is with deepest sadness that we mourn the loss of a true legend, an amazing man, and one of the best rock/metal voices ever. The entire staff at SPV offers our deepest condolences to Ronnie James Dio's friends and family. He was truly one the best artists we ever had the pleasure of working with, and the memories that we have of him and his music will live on in our hearts forever."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from blabbermouth.net

WARMACHINE Frontman On RONNIE JAMES DIO: 'The World Has Lost A True Legend And Pioneer' - May 17, 2010
Vocalist/guitarist Joe Di Taranto of Toronto's WARMACHINE has posted the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I am devasted to learn that Ronnie James Dio has passed.

"The world has lost a true legend and pioneer.

"I feel truly blessed to have met him years ago backstage at his show in Toronto. Before I could even introduce myself, Ronnie already knew my name and, to my surprise, was even familar with my music and WARMACHINE.

"I could not believe it. Ronnie James Dio, the legend, my idol and one of my biggest childhood inspirations, knew who I was.

"I cannot express the joy I felt just to be standing in his presence.

"Ronnie and I talked for almost an hour. He shared his words of wisdom, and told me to hold on to my dreams. I'll never forget it.

"I will always be greatful to Ronnie for his time, his hugs and, of course, his amazing music.

"You will be sorely missed, Ronnie...

"Long live the King of Rock N Roll!"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online