Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

(from blabbermouth.net)

LION'S SHARE On DIO's Passing: 'Our Mentor And Friend Has Left Us' - May 16, 2010
Swedish melodic masters LION'S SHARE have released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Our hearts are broken; our mentor and friend Ronnie James Dio has left us. This is a very sad day in our lives.

"When LION'S SHARE did the Monsters Of The Millennium tour (LION'S SHARE, DIO, MOTÖRHEAD and MANOWAR) [in 1999], Ronnie was very supportive and helped us a lot.

"We will dedicate our upcoming shows to Ronnie by playing one or two of his songs.

"Our thoughts go to his family in this difficult time.

"Ronnie, you are our favorite singer of all time. We love you!

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net) WARRIOR SOUL Bassist: DIO Was 'The Nicest And Warmest Human Being I Met In The Music Business' - May 16, 2010
Janne Jarvis, bassist in WARRIOR SOUL and HATE GALLERY, has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Today the world has lost the greatest vocalist in the history of hard rock.
He was also the nicest and warmest human being I have met in the music business.

"I had the good fortune to meet Ronnie on many different occasions throughout the years. He was always interested in what others had to say. He always listened. He never forgot a face and he would always have some wise words to impart. You always left his presence a little more enriched. He was always encouraging and he has been a tremendous inspiration in my life.

"I'm just one of the millions whose hearts and lives he touched.

"To call him a metal vocalist is short-sighted. He was much, much more than that.

"He will never be replaced and we will never see or hear the likes of him again.

"Hail to the King."

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

THE QUIREBOYS On DIO: 'He Will Be Sadly Missed, But His Voice Shall Live On' - May 16, 2010
U.K. rockers THE QUIREBOYS have posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"THE QUIREBOYS were saddened to hear of the passing of Ronnie James Dio today...

"We were fortunate to have played on various festival bills with Ronnie and his band... a really nice guy and one of the greatest rock voices. He will be sadly missed, but his voice shall live on.

"Long live rock and roll."

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

LACUNA COIL's ANDREA FERRO: DIO's Voice Was 'Amazing And Magic' - May 16, 2010
Singer Andrea Ferro of the Italian rock/metal band LACUNA COIL has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I briefly met Ronnie during a soundcheck in Milan, Italy and he [was] really kind, not to mention how amazing and magic his voice was.

"Rest in peace!"

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

RAVAGE Frontman: 'The Metal World Will Never Be The Same' - May 16, 2010
Al Ravage, the singer of Boston, Massachusetts metallers RAVAGE, has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"The metal world will never be the same. Ronnie James Dio has died.

"I remember first hearing [DIO's] 'Don't Talk To Strangers' on a metal compilation tape in the early '90s. I was just getting into metal and I thought it was an OK song, and that DIO was a band worth looking into, but when my brother brought home the cassette tape of 'Holy Diver' a few weeks later, I became a DIO addict. After that, I quickly bought the whole DIO back catalogue and I don't think there was any album I looked forward to more than a new DIO release — or a new recording featuring Dio — as his work was so consistently great. The Dio eras of SABBATH and RAINBOW were instrumental in helping me get into and appreciate those bands.

"My first real metal concert was seeing DIO on the 'Angry Machines' tour at the Strand Theatre in Providence, Rhode Island in 1997 — a great show...and I had the privilage of seeing him a few more times over the years.

"I will be forever bummed that I won't get to hear 'Magica Part II' or a second HEAVEN & HELL album.

"That's two great metal singers lost in a very short period — as Tony Taylor from TWISTED TOWER DIRE also died recently. This, in a word, sucks.

"Ravage in peace, Ronnie. Your metal will live on forever like a Rainbow in the Dark."

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

MEGADETH Drummer: DIO Was 'One Of The Nicest Human Beings I Have Ever Met' - May 16, 2010
MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I am at an absolute loss right now upon hearing that Ronnie has passed away. I had the pleasure of touring both Canada and America in 2007 when MEGADETH toured with HEAVEN & HELL (BLACK SABBATH in my eyes) and I swear to you he is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met, period. Many a night on that tour, Glen [Drover, then-MEGADETH guitarist] and myself would have amazing conversations with Ronnie about his career, etc. fully knowing he had probably told these stories 10,000 times to people and yet he answered every question I had with a big smile. I can recall so many times making eye contact with Glen sharing the exact same thought: 'Dude, I can't believe we are hanging with RONNIE JAMES DIO!!!!!'

"If you are lucky enough in your lifetime to actually meet one of your idols (let alone tour with them) and they turn out to be even nicer than you could have envisioned, that is something you would truly treasure. Lucky for me, I will cherish those memories forever."

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Crying Right Now In Remembrance Of My Hero And Friend' - May 16, 2010
Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Crying right now in remembrance of my hero and friend, Ronnie James Dio.

"Dio died this morning and he was a major, major part of my life. I got to do shows with him and work with him and I loved Dio my whole life.

"Thanks so much.

"The world has lost one of the best.

"Your last album was your best. Of course."

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

Ex-JUDAS PRIEST Singer AL ATKINS: 'The World Lost One Of The Greatest Vocalists On The Planet' - May 16, 2010
Original JUDAS PRIEST singer Al Atkins, who currently fronts a band called HOLY RAGE, has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Ye, the incredible has happened. The world today lost one of the greatest vocalists on the planet.

"Al and the band would like to pass on their condolences to Wendy [Dio, Ronnie's wife/manager] and the rest of the Dio clan. Ronnie's music will live on forever.

"Rest in peace, Ronnie. God bless."

Last edited:

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

a terrible loss..so so sad.. such a class guy..

I have met Ronnie and Wendy...

Im very sad..

my thoughts and prayers to Wendy and the Dio family

RIP RJD

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

(from blabbermouth.net)

REDEMPTION Guitarist: 'The World Of Heavy Metal Has Lost Its Voice' - May 16, 2010
Guitarist/songwriter Nicolas van Dyk of the Los Angeles-based progressive metal band REDEMPTION has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I lost a musical hero today, and the news has hit me harder than I thought it would.

"Ronnie James Dio was one of the first concerts I saw, and 'Holy Diver' one of the first records I bought once I started liking this thing called 'heavy metal.' Over the years, I have seen him perform more than anyone else (with the exception of my friends in DREAM THEATER, given our tour together!) and the past several times I've seen him with BLACK SABBATH have been truly phenomenal.

"I was hoping that Ronnie would be able to perform a guest vocal on a future REDEMPTION CD, and the vocal line I had in mind for him was an expression of triumph over cancer. Obviously, this takes on a horrible irony now. And given my own diagnosis, obviously I'm particularly attuned to what Ronnie endured.

"My thoughts and prayers go out to Ronnie's family and friends. The world of heavy metal has lost its voice.

"Rest in peace, Ronnie."

In November 2008, Nicolas van Dyk was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, which he describes as "a particularly bad form of blood cancer which is generally considered incurable and which has a five-year survival rate of 34%."

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online