Rolling Stones Urinals Causing Controversy In Germany

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
:omg::heheh:

Stones-Urinals.jpg

German women wouldn’t have an issue with the lip shaped urinals at the recently opened Rolling Stones museum in Lüchow, Germany if they came installed with tongues. That way, the toilet would more accurately resemble the famous lips logo the band has long used in promotional material.

The L.A. Times reports that critics of the bathroom art say it conveys a “misogynistic message.” “It’s discrimination against women,” local feminist Roda Armbruster tells Hamburg based broadcast network NDR, explaining that without the tongue it’s just a woman’s mouth a man is relieving himself into.

It seems unlikely that the outcry will change the decor of the museum’s mens room. Founder Ulli Schroder says they’re art, not a man’s mouth or a woman’s mouth. “They were damned expensive and they’re staying where they are,” he said, according to the International Business Times. “That’s final.”

Dutch artist Meike van Schijndel designed the toilets, which have been decorating bathrooms worldwide since the early 2000′s. This isn’t the first time controversy has dogged the manufacture. TMZ reports that in 2004, Virgin Airlines flushed plans to install a pair of these toilets at JFK Airport. These controversial items are marketed as “Kisses!” urinals on Bathroom Mania’s website, and at last check sold for over $900.

LINK: Rolling Stones Urinals Causing Controversy in Germany

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
...Normally I wouldn't pay attention to something trivial like this but I just think the urinals are in poor taste. Freedom of expression vs. offending a large segment of the population.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Yeah...on one hand I think it's offensive and then on the other hand I think it's funny. It is a Rolling Stones Museum bathroom, so I guess that's why in a way I don't think it's a big deal. Any other bathroom and it would be.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Then I agree with the critics why didn't they use the original logo with the tongue.:think:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I think they're cool. I never made any misogynistic connection until I read the article, which is just bull shit psychobabble. Any why they didn't use the tongue? Obviously the piss would run out and onto your legs and feet, or cause piss to splash out onto your pants and shirt.

People just love to pitch a PC bitch fest.

missingnocchi

Reaction score
I think the real problem would be any segment of the population that actually becomes more misogynistic because they peed in a mouth toilet.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I never thought of it as necessarily a woman's mouth in the first place. My only problem with it is I wouldn't want to piss on the Rolling Stones or their logo.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.