Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pointer Sisters ~ Slow Hand (original) >>>>>>>>>Conway Twitty's version

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I don't usually waste my time dumping on things. If I don't care for something, I just move on. But this thread.....

Carrie Underwood covers GnR?

Dolly Parton....Stairway To Heaven?

Tim McGraw....covering any song with backbone and grit is laughable. The guy always sounds like he's either about to cry or has a stomach ache.

The one thing I thought would be great Benatar/McBride, was actually not all that inspired.

The rest? As the kids say, "Meh."

Ok, I hafta go shower now. I feel violated.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Pat Benatar and Martina McBride - Heartbreaker
This was pretty damn good. McBride does a fine job. Pat is awesome as always! :bow:

And Neil Giraldo (Pat's husband and guitarist) ... can't say enough good things about the guy. He's not the most talented guitarist in history, not the fastest or the loudest, but he entertains. I've seen Pat in concert a few times and he's always entertaining from start to finish. He definitely adds to the show, just as he did in this video, all the way up to the end. :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
No love for the Landslide cover? :uh:
:yuk:

I must have missed the last round of updates in this thread last fall. There's a few good tracks here.

Here's Carrie covering Paradise City :bow:

VERY nice cover of this classic GnR tune by Carrie. Best female voice in country music right now (AFAIC) doing a good ballsy rock track and not country-izing it, but keeping true to form, including the backing band.

:grinthumb

Vehicle... on the surface, I feel your pain, but give the songs a listen. if you don't like, then so be it. But I have to say, sometimes these country bumpkins can surprise us with rock covers. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online