Rock... gone Country!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Carrie Underwood covering Motley Crue
While that version doesn't have the balls or the emotion that Motley's original does, it really wasn't too bad. I'm not a very big fan of most female singers in country these days (as I think they all sound like pop singers who couldn't make it in pop + they all sound the same), but I think Carrie Underwood has got a lot of vocal talent. At least she seems to in some of the songs I've heard her do.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Jen, I love the Carrie Underwood cover of "I'll Stand By You"! Great pick! :cheers2 The others.......not so much aside from the Tim McGraw cover which was decent! Speaking of Tim McGraw he covered a Ryan Adams song and while I like Ryan Adams better they are both pretty good!

Ryan Adams-When The Stars Go Blue

Tim McGraw-When The Stars Go Blue

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
:omg: I seriously didn't think this thread would get any replies! :grinthumb

I've NEVER heard that version of Tiny Dancer by Tim McGraw. Never even knew he did it. Very cool! :D

Isn't it pleasantly surprising? I found that one on Pandora radio a few days ago, and I must say... it's not half bad! Seems a lot more upbeat than the original and doesn't drag out as long. I still prefer Elton's version though, of course.

I can tell you my least favorite-Rascal Flatts covering Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway.Then I saw them on some show a few weeks ago doing a medley of Long Time/Carry On Wayward Son and Free Ride.

I couldn't agree more. That song is gosh awful. We'll just leave it to the Cars soundtrack for the kiddos. :D

I loved Carrie's version of Alone on AI, but ever since then everyone and their MOM tries to cover that song on AI. I got a little tired of it.

Jen, I love the Carrie Underwood cover of "I'll Stand By You"! Great pick! :cheers2 The others.......not so much aside from the Tim McGraw cover which was decent! Speaking of Tim McGraw he covered a Ryan Adams song and while I like Ryan Adams better they are both pretty good!

Ryan Adams-When The Stars Go Blue

Tim McGraw-When The Stars Go Blue

Actually, the first time I ever heard When the Stars Go Blue was when my friend made me listen to the Bethany Joy Lenz/Tyler Hilton version. I love that one!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn