RIP Jon Lord

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION Guitarist: JON LORD Was 'One Of The Nicest' People I've Ever Met - July 16, 2012
Internationally renowned guitar superstar Joe Bonamassa (pictured below; BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION) has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"I am extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Jon Lord today. [He was] one of the nicest and most talented people I've ever met. Rest in peace."

bonamassasolo.jpeg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

OZZY OSBOURNE/HEADSPACE Keyboardist: JON LORD 'Was One Of My Biggest Influences And Idols' - July 16, 2012
Keyboardist Adam Wakeman (pictured below; OZZY OSBOURNE, HEADSPACE) has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"Very sad news about the great Jon Lord. [He was] one of my biggest influences and idols growing up. RIP."

adamwakemansolo2.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

RUDY SARZO: JON LORD Was 'A Part Of The Soundtrack Of My Life' - July 16, 2012
Legendary bassist Rudy Sarzo (pictured below; OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, DIO) has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"My condolences to Jon Lord's family, fans and friends on his passing. Jon, thank you for being a part of the soundtrack of my life."

rudysarzosolo2012.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

DREAM THEATER Keyboardist: JON LORD 'Was An Inspiration To Me' - July 16, 2012
Keyboardist Jordan Rudess (pictured below) of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"I'm very sad to hear about the passing of Jon Lord. He was an inspiration to me!"

jordanrudess2012.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

SLASH: JON LORD Had 'One Of The Biggest, Baddest, Heaviest Sounds In Heavy Metal' - July 16, 2012
Legendary guitarist Slash (pictured below) (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"[It's a] sad day in rock and roll; Jon Lord has passed on. One of the biggest, baddest, heaviest sounds in heavy metal. One if a kind."

slashsolo2012new2.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

ACCEPT Bassist: JON LORD 'Was The King On The Hammond Organ' - July 16, 2012
Bassist Peter Baltes (pictured below) of reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"Just like Ronnie [James Dio] was the master on vocals, Jon Lord was the king on the Hammond organ...

"R.I.P., Jon Lord.

"I grew up on DEEP PURPLE. He was truly the best... [It's a] very sad day for rock."

peterbaltessolo2011.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

DAVID COVERDALE: 'It Was An Absolute Joy And Pleasure' To Know And Work With JON LORD - July 16, 2012
Former DEEP PURPLE and current WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale (pictured below) has released the following statement regarding the passing of former DEEP PURPLE/WHITESNAKE keyboardist Jon Lord:

"It was an absolute joy and pleasure for me to know him and to work alongside him. He is missed already."

coverdale2011.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had a premonition he was not doing very well in his battle with cancer, but was hoping he somehow managed to pull through.:(

He remains one of the best keyboard players in rock music history, the first time I ever heard "Lazy" I was blown away and still love that song to this day.

Rest in Peace Jon your fans will never forget you and your musical contributions.:rip:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

BLACK SABBATH Bassist: JON LORD Was 'One Of The Great Musicians Of My Generation' - July 16, 2012
BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler (pictured below) has released the following statement:

"[I was] very sad to hear of [former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist] Jon's [Lord] death, following his battle with the demon cancer. [He was] one of the great musicians of my generation. Tony Iommi [BLACK SABBATH guitarist] recently worked with Jon, and said what a lovely bloke he was. I met him a few times, but never got to work with him. Blessings."

geezerbutlersolo2012.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online