RIP Jon Lord

Matty35

Reaction score
Sad loss, a true gent...

I remember in an interview once Lord said (about Deep Purple) "we're more of a glass of wine band than beer!".....that was so him!

Legend!!!

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Lemmy

On the recent passing of former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist Jon Lord at the age of 71:

Lemmy: "It's just a shame, because Jon Lord was, to a large extent, responsible for me being in rock and roll. He was in a band called the ARTWOODS years ago, with Ronnie Wood's brother Arthur. They were sort of a jazz-blues band, I guess. They played at the place in Wales where I was living, this dingy little boozer, and I was talking to Jon and, like an idiot, he gave me his address in London. So, of course, I went down there and he wasn't there, but he was living at Art's mother's house where Ronnie Wood, who was in a band called THE BIRDS, was living and they let me crash on the couch. I woke up and I've got all THE BIRDS standing around me going, 'What are you doing on Mom-mom's couch?,' all poking me with this terrible cockney rabble. I never forgot that Jon — a complete stranger, and I'm some kid — gave me his address to come down to London and see him. I often told him thanks for that. I saw him late last year in a hotel in Germany in Cologne. He was over there doing some orchestral stuff, and we talked in the bar for awhile. . . . I'm glad I saw him, since he's since departed."

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online