RIP Casey Kasem

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
This one hits hard. Between the voices he did for Saturday morning cartoons (Scooby Doo, Justice League of America, Josie and the Pussycats, etc.) and American Top 40 on Sunday mornings, Casey was pretty much my whole weekend in the early 70's when I was a kid. A big, sweet part of my childhood has passed. Thank you Casey, for all the happiness and music you brought to people's lives. You will be forever missed and always remembered.

I remember listening to his top 40 show all the time as a kid and budding music enthusiast. He always used give us little bios on the artists as he was introducing there latest hit song. He'll truly be missed.:(

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
It's been a hard month for rock music, Doc Neeson, Jim Keays and now Casey Kasem, who's American top 40 was broadcast on mainstream Australian radio every week. My introduction to many classic songs was through Casey's radio show.

It's sad to see them all go. We're loosing all the greats!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Now here is my own personal tribute to Casey Kasem, Mr. Radio by my all-time favorite band, The Electric Light Orchestra from ELO's 1972 US debut album No Answer, thanks for the everlasting memories!

:grinthumb

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Now here is my own personal tribute to Casey Kasem, Mr. Radio by my all-time favorite band, The Electric Light Orchestra from ELO's 1972 US debut album No Answer, thanks for the everlasting memories!

:grinthumb

Great song for a great guy. :(

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, there's currently a station on I Heart Radio that's playing nothing but old American Top 40 shows from the 70's and 80's.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online