{Resolved} Did the default font size change?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
At some point earlier today, WHILE I was in the middle of posting, it seems that my default font size and style changed. I didn't manually change anything and I am unable to see anything in the UCP that even lets you change it (although I'm sure it's there as some users seem to always have something other than the default).

Also, this is only an issue here. Any other vbulletin site that I frequent still looks the same in my browser, just this one changed.

Anyway, am I the only one that noticed this or has anyone else seen the same thing?

Lynch

Reaction score
Re: Did the default font size change?

Oy. :banghead:

Ok, It's only Firefox that is doing this on this site for me. I just brought up IE and everything looks like it normally did. :banghead:

So, I guess my question then would be, why the HELL would Firefox change font sizes and styles for one site only, and no where else? :banghead:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'm using FF and have had no problems all day Lynch...I am not an IE fan.

Shaggy has done some work in the upper levels, to fix some bugs and a couple of upgrades, that was the only thing going on in here the last couple of days, but everything is done and back to normal now.

Lynch

Reaction score

It's definitely a Firefox thing. I used to love IE for vbulletin sites, but when I upgraded to IE8, it went to hell. Hate it now.

Anyway, as someone who used to admin several vb sites, I've never seen anything like this. Nothing is "broken" per se, so it's hardly anything critical, just a cosmetic change. /sigh

I'll probably have to do some searching around on the interwebs to find the answer. This is definitely something local and browser specific for me

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Lynch that happened to me one day.. I had to go into my font view size and just enlarge it one size.. I take it you use XP???
I think you just have to go to your upper tool bar and click under view and change it there.. I might be wrong since I'm on Vista on the computer I'm on now.. but that happened on my other computer which uses XP..

Lynch

Reaction score

I found it. Somehow I must have hit "ZOOM IN" with some really whacky keystrokes (Ctrl ++). I have NO clue how that could have happened. Anyway, I found in the view section under Zoom, I did a ZOOM OUT and voila, everything is back to normal.

:)

Thanks Thump.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I found it. Somehow I must have hit "ZOOM IN" with some really whacky keystrokes (Ctrl ++). I have NO clue how that could have happened. Anyway, I found in the view section under Zoom, I did a ZOOM OUT and voila, everything is back to normal.

:)

Thanks Thump.

One feature of Firefox is you can enlarge or reduce the fonts by pressing CTRL + or CTRL - whenever the fonts you are watching are too large or too small.

Lynch

Reaction score

yep, I painfully found that out yesterday (accidentally). I haven't been using Firefox very long. I used to have problems with it, but I think part of that was due to not having a proper updated version as well as missing some important plugins. I DO like it a lot better than IE now that I've been using it for a few months though. There are still some features about it that I don't care for, but overall it's better.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

yep, I painfully found that out yesterday (accidentally). I haven't been using Firefox very long. I used to have problems with it, but I think part of that was due to not having a proper updated version as well as missing some important plugins. I DO like it a lot better than IE now that I've been using it for a few months though. There are still some features about it that I don't care for, but overall it's better.

I've been using firefox for 3 years Lynch.. Watch the add on's and plug in's for stealing memory.. Also you can go on the firefox forum to check and see if others are having a problem.. Firefox upgrades a lot and fixes bugs or what ever.. So it's a good browser to use but every once in awhile you will have something that messes with you.. So check out the forum if you have a problem.. The mods are a pain to answer responses but the people who hang out there help each other out..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online