Relic's unknown song No. 8

relic

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

This is the last of my unknown songs recorded from radio back in the 80:s.

It's an instrumental jazz/fusion thing that I guess is by one of the famous guitarists of that time, (not that they aren't famous now:)), like Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, John Scofield, Larry Coryell, Lee Ritenour etc. Of course it could be someone less well known, so this may well be hardest song to figure out that I have posted here.

Here's the sample, and once again, any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• Unknown Jazz Instrumental.mp3
    652.4 KB · Views: 12

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well I like that song, but have no idea who it is Relic...sorry.

The link is okay, I checked it out.;)

relic

Reaction score
Thank you, Lord Grendel, for checking and verifying my attachments.
That is very much appreciated.

Relic

relic

Reaction score
Re: Relic's unknown song No. 8 (solved)

Great news!!

With the help of the program Tunatic this song is now identified. I wouldn't have guessed it, but it is none other than the man himself, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble, from the 1984 album Couldn't Stand The Weather playing an instrumental called "Stang's Swang". How about that?

Unfortunately Tunatic could not identify my unknown song no.4 or my first unknown song, so they must be really obscure.

Cheers

relic

Reaction score
that tunatic program seems very, very helpful...

Yes. You play the song into the microphone of the computer (at quite a high volume), and the program checks with a server for the song's "fingerprint", as I understand it.

Still, I was skeptical when it came up with the answer SRV, but I checked it. This tune, and the Larry Carlton one, are both on Youtube, and I could confirm that the answers were correct. But it is kind of ironic that the jazz tune was by a blues player and the blues was by a jazz player.:)

But Tunatic seems to have problems identifying the more obscure songs, so it's not perfect.

Relic

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.