Rate The Song Above You Part III

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Well...that was weird....didn't even sound like Cooper. It was so odd I'll give it 7/10 , though I cant say I'm sure I 'got' it. More like an alternative band pop rock song.

So another one about changing the world.....................;)

Aero

Reaction score
The lyrics to this song are so brilliantly written, that they could not only be taken in different ways but have it be just as relevant today as it was back in 1971.

"Everywhere is freaks and hairies
***** and fairies, tell me, where is sanity?"

Is the band talking about how the establishment see people like them or are they describing the counter-culture who looks like them but whose beliefs they don't agree with?

"Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more"

And yet here the lyrics sound very pro-capitalist.

"Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding, economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money? No, not poor me"

The above stanza though seems to take the opposite stance.

"I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you"

Is this coming from a 1st person perspective or is it a comment on the idealists who claim to have all the answers but never take action to solve the actual problems?

Again, the song is incredibly well-written so much so that it seemingly appeals to everyone at once. 9/10

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Wow.....just when you thought rock couldn't get any more... interesting, along comes Deep Valley,,,er I mean Deap Vally. White Stripes meets Black Keys with a touch of Sabbath in the mix. 8/10 for the sheer chutzpah of it all...and being easy on the eyes.

Everyone knows this...or should....but Deap Vally made me want to post this.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
^Never got into Whitesnake or Coverdale but this is a decent track....done with some restraint since its sort of a rock ballad....8/10

A deep cut from the 70's .....(with a Yardbirds , Captain Beyond, Renaissance, Steamhammer connection)

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
You know, musically it was great, very interesting, but vocally - pretty weak, unfortunately. So, 7/10.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online