Rainbow (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Rainbow

I love the first three Rainbow albums , Sox. To me they rank right up there with Black Sabbath Pink Floyd Deep Purple and my other all time favorite 70's bands.

They are high on my list as well DKW not a bad track on any of them IMHO.:cheers2

Rockperson

Reaction score

The three Dio era albums are all excellent, Rising is my personal favourite with for me only Do You Close Your Eyes being a weaker track. Stargazer, A Light In The Black and Tarot Woman being my standout tracks.

Down To Earth is one of my favourite albums, Eyes of The World is exceptional as is Love`s No Friend.

Difficult To Cure with Joe Lynn Turner was a pretty good album.

Last edited:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I am starting to like this album, but I still hate Since You Been Gone. The worst cover Rainbow ever did.

:bow:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I'm assuming by that, that you wouldn't be too big a fan of the AOR of the JLT era?

Urm... no, I'm afraid. I'm a fan of 70's Rainbow, but I can't get into 80's stuff. The only song I like is Stone Cold, but still I play it very rarely.

Rocket Roll

Reaction score

Stone Cold is the one that made me a Rainbow follower. I actually like every version of Rainbow, Dio being my fav. I really, really dig the Stanger In Us All record.

Come on Blackmore...one more round...a JLT reunion prehaps!?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Graham Bonnet was on That Metal Show a couple weeks ago and I had no idea he was such a funny guy on top of being such a great singer. I really wish he'd done more than one album with Rainbow because "Down To Earth" is my favorite album from the band, even over the great ones they did with Ronnie.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online