Review Rainbow Live in Germany 1976

album review

nwobhm

Reaction score
One that passed me by

rainbow%20live_zpsrxbhkhlp.jpg

So a Rainbow fan for many a year, I must have been around 9 when if I recall the 2nd album I ever bought ( Down to Earth ) came out, I will admit the cover drew me to it and I had heard Since you been gone on the radio.

So I bought that home thought it was cool and a few weeks later I bought Long live rock n roll.... open up another debate later bonnet v dio .

Now June 2015 I noticed on amazon some " new rainbow live stuff "

so promptly bought one to see what fuss was about.

So what do you get, in a nutshell a guitarist and prime members at there best .

Tracklist

1. Kill The King

Not sure if when this was played live on the night that the LLRNR had been released but one helluva opener........

2. Mistreated

Debate here again dio v coverdale..... well dio is very good but blackmore steals the show with an excellent 6 minute solo

3. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves

This track has to be heard to be believed far better live than any studio version.

4. Catch the Rainbow

Again amazing live, much crisper and dios tone on this song is fantastic

One of the highlights on the album

Disc: 2

1. Man On the Silver Mountain

Nearly a three minute entry before it gets to the main intro which we all love, the intro on live cd is not on the studio version and for me it should have been its that good ( has there been a better guitarist for intros ... another debate :gig )

2. Stargazer

The classic from Rising but for me, not strong on this night, good performance but not great

3. Still I'm Sad

Another amazing live version, nearly 15 minutes worth as well, band makes sure you get your moneys worth.

4. Do You Close Your Eyes

Credible closer to a true gem of a cd, one that I am glad I finally found..... is it for connoisseurs, well maybe but most fans would have all the studio albums anyway and the live on stage ( I think this album better than live on stage ).

So what would I give it well I reckon an 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

Now noticed there is other ones as well

Munich
Dusseldorf
Cologne

and fairly recently ( bonnet era ) live in Denver

If anyones got some points on them albums I would be very interested to hear from ya

Thanks for reading ...... mike :grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
yeah a great show the band are firing full on fight...all the shows from Germany are totally worth checking out. not sure about the (bonnet era ) show I hang fire on that one...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online