Radiohead (Official Thread)

Zombeels

Reaction score
Re: Radiohead

Love both The Bends and OK Computer but I like OK the best.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

I'm A Bends man myself, though OK is brilliant as well...

I also love the sorely underrated Hail to the Theif album...

Another fave from Kid A. Can the drummer get some?

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was kind of disappointed in "Hail to the Thief" TT...I don't know what it was but I just didn't get into that one very much.:think:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

i liked Hail to the Thief as well. its just an average radiohead album but its still a really great album

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm going to be that guy who represents the ones who liked their first single

Creep

and doesn't get the mass appeal after that. With that statement I'm not taken anything away from them. The talent is obvious but I think there's a reason there most passed down song is there simplest by far IMO. I don't really haven't found an emotional access point to their music but we all look for different things in music. Complex concept albums just don't reach me and the fact that Radioheads music especially on O.K. Computer is so detached and robotic at the same time doesn't help. I'm not dumb because I get that that's the point :heheh: but it doesn't work for me. I do have one exception though for a Radiohead song I can get into. This is a beautiful song!

True Love Waits

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I would never say you are dumb Soot,,,I like OK Computer for exactly the reason you don't. As for the mass appeal, I guess they do reach a large group of people and have established their "Sound", which is a trademark of many great bands before and after them.

I am thinking of old Jumperjack and myself discussing/arguing about Radiohead vs Oasis...boy we lit up a few posts on that subject...:lmao:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I first got into Radiohead when the Bends came out although I had heard Creep prior to that. Since the Bends was the first album I fell for its my favorite. Second favorite would be Ok and right behind those two is Kid A. All three are top albums for me. I like Hail to the Thief, Amnesiac and In Rainbows but they are nowhere close to the other three. Since Kid A may favorite Radiohead stuff is their live performances. The last three albums songs are all much better live. The 00's for Radiohead has been about live performances and most of the live shows I've seen of Radiohead in the 00's have been my favorite performnces by any band. I love when they go to the three guitar mode!!!!

favorite songs:Street Spirit,Just,Paranoid Android,No Surprises,Lucky,Pyramid Song, Knives Out,There There,Sail to the Moon

here are shot I took from APW 2008
2766572569_afae0c112e.jpg
2749170316_95cba5295d.jpg
2749168988_84614325ca.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Great pictures AK!!

I agree with your summation, I like all three of their early albums the most, I haven't seen RH live yet but I have heard/read numerous accounts that they put on a great concert.

Thanks for sharing your personal insight.:ty:

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score

I'm the techno kid so "Amnesiac" is my favorite with selected songs from OK Computer(Paranoid android, Karma police and Climbing up the Walls) that are favorites in my book. I do enjoy all the albums for what they are but there's something about "Amnesiac"...
Oh well I usually have weird opinions and am in the minority in stuff like this, oh well, there's my 2 cents...:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online