Radiohead (Official Thread)

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Re: Radiohead

i'll never forget when i first heard "creep" on the radio. i was drivin from south carolina to new orleans, a babe in the car, another to pick up, future exhole out to sea. i was taking the atlanta bypass and had some college radio station on. after the song finished, and this is true, i pulled off and found somewhere to buy pablo honey, babe and all.

i'm dead serious.

i love radiohead. overall? i'm a bends girl. but i'll take em all, merci.

p.s. now? the 'babe' would be goin for OK computer, soph at uni that she is.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

Hadn't seen these before
VH1 special from the Basement -2008

Bodysnatchers - Radiohead live from the basement

yeah those sessions from the basement are straight up legit. im pretty sure they played all of the In Rainbows songs down there, plus a few more, im not positive on that though

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Radiohead is another band that I find to be overrated (sorry Radiohead fans). I've yet to come across a song of theirs that I like. I've listened to a lot of their works, usually by way of recommendations, but nothing appeals to me :S

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Radiohead is another band that I find to be overrated (sorry Radiohead fans). I've yet to come across a song of theirs that I like. I've listened to a lot of their works, usually by way of recommendations, but nothing appeals to me :S

Radiohead is the band that got me back into the new music, outside of the hard rock metal bands I had lost interest in mainstream/alternative/indie bands, but after hearing OK Computer that changed everything for me.

I do agree fans of the band tend to Exaggerate about their importance, but I do that for the Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin myself.:grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

O.K., I just found an awesome song and it happens to be a Radiohead cover! It makes me want to look into the original but as Radiohead fans how do you think these guys did?

Obadiah Parker-Idioteque

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

*first post in here*

I shared this opinion for a long time, but thanks to excessive recommendations from one certain marine residing member here, I've recently begun to like some songs from Pablo Honey. Their later more stripped down/experimental work that everyone raves on about I can live without, but IMO their debut album is quite a good bit of raw, infectious indie rock. :D

Fisha

Reaction score

Well I'd like to claim Sals's new found acceptance of Radiohead. IMO thinking about you is one of the bettr acoustic songs of all time.

@ soot: that cover is brilliant. Nothing at all like radiohead but they really made it there own. Now that's one of my favourite Radiohead songs (near the top of a a rather extensive list) I would reckommend listnening to that song but honestly if you're going to get into radiohead it's not going to be from that album, Kid A, nor will it be from Hail to the theif and probably not amnesiac as these tend to contain a large amout of the glitch electronica stlye that radiohead adopted for a period. May i just post some stuff from Pablo Honey which was the album Sal was talkinging about and see if you can get some enjoyment out of it

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually I own both Pablo Honey and O.K. Computer! I've still walked out of the experience thinking Creep was good and haven't got much further. :D I did listen to the original version of the cover song I posted in here and that's all I'm going to say about that! It's good to at least see that the Radiohead fans in this forum are more pleasant than the other forums I've been too! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online