Radiohead (Official Thread)

knivesout

(A.K.A. Googly Minotaur)
Reaction score
Re: Radiohead

Kid A is the album I listen to when I want to go to sleep. It's just so weird, that I instantly fall asleep. It isn't bad music, but it isnt like OK Computer. My Top5 are OK Computer, Pablo Honey, In Rainbows, The Bends and Hail To The Thief.

King Of Limbs ... didn't really dig it. I must listen to it a couple more times.

a few years ago i heard Kid A (song) to fall sleep too (and Close Your Eyes from Magic Numbers)...i have really nice dreams =)

i love Radiohead a lot and my favorite album is The Bends...
but Radiohead have good songs in your ep's, singles and more

songs when them called On A Friday

early version
MP edit: Video removed from Youtube

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I haven't been listening to these guys much lately, but there is one thing I really wonder about this band. Why are most if not all the fans complimenting this band in the form of either "they are easily the best band to ever come into the music business", or "everything they do, is gold".

Ok, Radiohead are ok in my opinion. Quite honestly, I am borderline not able to stand them. The vocalist gets far more recognition than he deserves. Allow me to clarify that this is my opinion, if you like Radiohead, more power to you. I just have a hard time believing that these guys are the best thing to ever come into the music business.

It could just be me as well. Maybe there is something about this band that isn't clicking for me, or maybe they really are the most incredible band to come into the music business, if that's the case, I am not seeing it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
They're an interesting band to me and I like some of their stuff, but that's really where it stops. I don't dislike them, but there are many other bands out there that the planet could consider "genius" :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I haven't been listening to these guys much lately, but there is one thing I really wonder about this band. Why are most if not all the fans complimenting this band in the form of either "they are easily the best band to ever come into the music business", or "everything they do, is gold".
this is a question I have asked for years, I have yet to find one fan point me in the proper direction of this reported "genius". I'm not here to trash them, like you said, if you like them, more power to you, but for the life of me, I have yet to hear one thing that even resembles "genius". Honestly, I don't even find anything I've head from them remotely interesting (musch less 'genius'), but I'll admit that after all of what I would consider to be unwarranted hype over the years has probably jaded me and has given me a predisposition to disliking them even more.

So, I'll put the question to the fans once again, please... show me something... anything ... anything at all that would pique my interest and say "you know, maybe I was wrong".

In other words, specifically point out songs that are considered "genius", please don't just say "anything and everything on OK Computer" (or something similar). I promise to listen with open ears, well for as long as I can anyway. :tongue:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
this is a question I have asked for years, I have yet to find one fan point me in the proper direction of this reported "genius". I'm not here to trash them, like you said, if you like them, more power to you, but for the life of me, I have yet to hear one thing that even resembles "genius". Honestly, I don't even find anything I've head from them remotely interesting (musch less 'genius'), but I'll admit that after all of what I would consider to be unwarranted hype over the years has probably jaded me and has given me a predisposition to disliking them even more.

So, I'll put the question to the fans once again, please... show me something... anything ... anything at all that would pique my interest and say "you know, maybe I was wrong".

In other words, specifically point out songs that are considered "genius", please don't just say "anything and everything on OK Computer" (or something similar). I promise to listen with open ears, well for as long as I can anyway. :tongue:

Yeah, I think that's what has happened with me as well. I wouldn't say I hate their music, they're...ok to listen to if i'm in the mood.

But i'm with Lynch on this one. I'll listen with open ears, if you recommend some of their good songs. Because so far, i've led myself to believe that Radiohead isn't all that great.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online